Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 8 August 2020

It's a bit warm ain't it!

Saturday 8th August 2020
Be patient with yourself, nothing in nature blooms all year.


I better get my typing on as I've got 45 minutes till I'm on my virtual, looking forward to catching up with everyone this morning, not been on one since Wednesday night, I was too busy weighing loads of members Thursday to be able to do a virtual as well!  

Yesterday had some lovely moments, from being able to sit in the garden and have a bit of quiet to eating a Sri Lankan chicken curry and rice from Marlie's Menu, this was definitely the best chicken meal I've had from there so far, and so filling too.


I'm not going to be doing much today, it's too damn warm out there, we've had our walk, there's 2.5k steps on my fitbit, it won't go much higher, sweated like a bitch changing moms bedding yesterday and then realised I'd put her cover on inside out so had to do it again - DOH!  Wanted to do strawberry picking but when I got there it was 4-7pm only so that didn't happen and I wasn't queueing to go into the farm to buy some, so I'd be very slim if I had to queue for everything because I hate doing it so I'd never buy anything! 

I shared this with a member yesterday, you might be able to make use of it yourself, 

Practice the Pause & become aware!

We often get derailed by our impulsive behaviour, we might want to lose weight and be doing great and then bam we suddenly find ourselves craving something or being tempted for whatever reason, it could be we're stressed, it could be we're having a wonderful day! When you feel yourself about to go off track or have a binge. Follow these 6 steps -

  1. Practice physical awareness. Identify sensations like tension, a pounding heart, a craving or light headedness. Pin point them and give them a name. This will help control them.

  2. Practice emotional awareness. Attach an emotion to the sensations you're feeling, eg. I'm very angry or I'm desperate, naming your feeling will help!

  3. practice impulse awareness. Say to yourself. "This feeling makes me want to...." Being aware of your impulses will help you resist it.

  4. Practice consequence awareness, ask yourself this question. "If I follow through with this urge what is likely to happen?"

  5. Practice solution awareness, complete this sentence "a better thing to do would be?"

  6. Practice benefit awareness, say to yourself. "If I do that better thing, the benefits will be".

By the time you get through these 6 steps you'll know what you need to do to stay on course and avoid your disaster and take your own advice. It's a great way to remind yourself of your reasons for starting and remember you can stay focused and on track.


Right I'm off to get my computer ready, I'll see some of you at 9.45 for the virtual (from 9.15 for wellness check-in).


Let's all have a wonderful day, stay safe, drink water, wear sunscreen, keep out of the midday sun.


Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: