Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 August 2020

I'M BACK!

Thursday 6th August 2020
Find joy in the ordinary.


Well it was quite the day yesterday, I managed 12,000 steps on my Fitbit - not done that in a while.  Had two really helpful conversations, one face to face the other on the computer.  I enjoyed walking Alfie, when I am mindful whilst out and forget about worrying about how mom will be when I get back and all the other crap, I'm in the moment and I love it.   I was thankful to everyone at St John's for letting me go a day early to get my bearings and set up the room so I wasn't stressed Thursday morning.  Note I said Thursday morning and not this morning, that's because usually I write in a morning but I'm sat here Wednesday night typing because I don't want to rush in the morning and mom's gone to bed.

Yesterday was a good day if I choose to focus on the good bits, I'm realising that's the only way to get through the Dementia Days and it's working for me.  Today wasn't easy, there were moments but there was also some real highlights and that's the most important.  I ate some delicious food, I threw some away too, I'd fancied a jacket potato all day and eventually I had a little jacket potato with my tub of low fat spread lol!  

Thursday is going to be a busy day for me, my first face to face workshops in four months and I'll be doing 5 of em with new rules and procedures, I'm not gonna lie, I know it's gonna be stressful, and I'm a little anxious because of mom but I also know I'm going to enjoy seeing lots of my members too. 

Again, focus on the good stuff and the rest slips away into the background. 

What are you looking forward too?  What are you dreading? 
what do you want more of in your life?  What do you need less of?
What would you like to be doing with your life this time next year?

If you could change one thing.....

I leave it there, I'm going to bed, I'm going to post this tonight, because you know what, things can change, you don't have to do the same thing the same way all the time.  Make changes, enjoy them, move forward, BE YOU! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: