Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 August 2020

Another day, another week gone!

Saturday 15th August 2020
As you grow older you will discover you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.


Self care isn't just going to bed early and drinking lots of water, it's taking a break when things become overwhelming, saying no to things you do not want to do, doing things that make you happier, allowing yourself to cry and asking for help from those around you.  It's so important to remember these things because losing weight is only one part of taking care of yourself.  There's no point being 'thin' if you're stressed to the max and feel as miserable as sin!  Healthy and happy is the goal for sure, that's been my focus for years, even more so these day with the circumstances of my life. 

We went to bed before 9, it's my only hope of getting some sleep these days, as at 1am she was up and ready for her day!  I had to come down and explain that I needed to go back to bed as it was the middle of the night and I got her a drink, knowing that if left she would fall asleep in her chair and she did, I eventually managed to go back to sleep about 2ish, so I've had some sleep at least.  She wasn't a very nice person yesterday, she told the respite lady she didn't want her there, so I didn't get my few hours break, hey ho.  Today's a new day and she seems okay at the minute. 

This morning is my last Saturday Wolverhampton virtual workshop before going back to Express Workshops at Old Fallings next Saturday, from tomorrow I'll only be doing the one Virtual Workshop and that will be the 10am Sunday morning in the Stafford Connect group, I'm looking forward to that one tomorrow to as it's my favourite subject 'habits', it's the conclusion of the last 6 weeks of What Happens In Your Body When.....

I had the best apple crumble and custard yesterday, I had it as my meal and it was so good, my bestie V made it for me, she did good especially as it was the first one she'd make, the cooking apples on the tree at her new house are really good!  Not gonna lie, it was the highlight of my day, that and walking with Alfie to escape the atmosphere in the house.  

I think I'm going to spend the majority of today studying, the housework can wait till tomorrow or Monday, I've done the washing up already and I will put a load of washing on, but that's my lot.  I'm doing a Mental Health Awareness course through Walsall college, it's free as long as you finish it, if you don't you have to pay for it, which is good motivation to get you to complete.  I believe now is a great time to do this course as so many are going to struggle with this year and everything that's happened.  Here's a list of what's available to study if you're interested, only level 3 course have a fee the others are free https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Distance_Learning_Course_Information2.pdf  here's a link https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/course-search/?q=&cl=&ct=&moa=Distance%20Learning&c=&sa=#results to find more.   It's all under the distance learning section.

Anyway, I need to go do other stuff, I'm online at 9.15 and I'm faffing about, I do like to faff ;)

Here's to zoning out when I need to, I've done my yoga a little meditation and it's all helping me stay on top of it all!  I also had a little cry yesterday too, because I needed that release, it was only a couple of minutes at the start of our dog walk though, frustration leaked out my eyes instead of out my mouth lol.

Mwah, luv ya lots

Love me xx
 



No comments: