Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Here's to a week of Express Workshops!

 Tuesday 18th August 2020 

Do what you love and love what you do.

Well I'm starting Day 4 on track, 3 blue dots on my app and 36 weeklies left!  That's not happened in a very, long time.  Is my life rosey?  Has being on track made everything lovely and easy, erm let me think NOPE!  Yesterday I hoped to get some studying done for this Walsall College course I've signed up for (Mental Health Awareness) but between Alfie and mom I didn't stand a chance of being able to concentrate for the majority of the day.  Thankfully I didn't have to think about my meals because I'd already planned them.  I'd managed to get my shopping delivered yesterday too which really helped. 

This was my delicious tea, goat curry and to bulk it out I had 5SP of oven chips, 1/2 roasted pepper (I used the other half in my salad boxes), now the salad in this photo was delicious, I diced cucumber, tomato and spring onions and added a little cumin powder and frozen coriander with a squirt of the Heinz zesty dressing that Jayne bought for me.  

Note the water, still not had a glass of wine since Friday, it hasn't been the miracle cure to my sleep and hot flush issues that I'd hoped but regardless of that I'm hoping it'll help my weight loss and my health.  Oh I'm not giving it up altogether - I like it too much. 

I also made up 5 salad pots so they're ready throughout the week, in there is radish (I didn't think I liked these!), celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, white cabbage, yellow pepper topped with iceberg lettuce, the lettuce in on the top so it's on the bottom when tipped out, I like the pretty stuff on the top. 

As you can see, my shop was much healthier this week and yes it did cost a bit more but I've already saved on not drinking wine, so it's win/win.  I even cleaned the fridge out before restocking it!

Here's something for you to think about today which helped me yesterday when I started to think 'Argghhhh I need to get stuff done', Instead of saying "I have to" or "I should", change it to "I get to!" It completely changes your thinking, try it, think of some of the sentences you say that start that way, or catch yourself when you go to say or think it today. Here's some examples;
I have to take care of my mom becomes I get to take care of my mom (how lucky am I to have that privilege and still have my mom)

I get to listen to her singing and stomping about at 1am in the morning
I get to stand on the green whilst Alfie stands and watches the world go by
I get to try and focus on studying whilst Alfie and mom do their best to distract me

I get to do so many things that some days I'd rather not but others would love the chance to do! How many people would love the time to just stand on the green watching the world go by? What do you get to do?

Well I'm officially back to work today, I'll be leaving in an hours time, cars all packed ready, I got a little wet doing that this morning lol, it's all good though because I'm going to get to see people I haven't seen since Lockdown began, really looking forward to it. 


I've got fruit and yogurt for breakfast, I've got some eggs boiling on the hob so I can have them too and put the rest in the fridge.  Here's my meal plan; 


Tuesday 
natural yogurt
fruit
Hard boiled egg
Marlies menu
dhansak 4SP 4
cauliflower rice 0
cod
in freezer
veggies 
1/2tin potatoes 5
I think I better get adding to that, 9SP for the day is way too low!  I might add proper rice instead of cauliflower rice, depends on the date on the cauli rice in the fridge.  I've got flexibility anyway, maybe I'll enjoy some WW crackers with a bit of salad and cheese later on if I get the munchies around bedtime.

I wore my FitBit to bed last night to see how my sleep was, it's telling me I slept from 21.16-4:44 so almost 7 hours but I was restless 12 times according to this, I was actually awake not restless but I've trained myself not to get up or move about as I fall back off easier so I fooled the FitBit hah ;) 

Here's to having a very, great day regardless of what's going on around us!  We can't control a lot of what's happening but we can control how we behave.  I've got to say I absolutely loved that salad I had yesterday, it was way better than the chips which I only ate because I'd cooked them once I'd tasted, maybe they're just not very good oven chips. 

See some of you in a little while at Short Heath Methodist Church, Wesley Road, 8:15-9:15am, 9:30-10:30am or 5:30-6:30pm. can't wait.

luv ya

Love me 

No comments: