Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 August 2020

6 blue dots!

Friday 21st August 2020
If it doesn't challenge you it won't change you!


Another day on track, fruit and hard boiled eggs for breakfast, tuna stir fry for lunch Alfie had my tuna! Then for my tea, I really enjoyed my cottage pie and veggies, it was one of my freezer stash and I will definitely be making a new batch of the mince mixture when the freezers got space. I watched Jamie Oliver's new series Keep Cooking Family Favourites on Channel 4 last night, after seeing him on The One Show (oh ma'an how middle-aged does that sentence sound!) I enjoyed it so much I've ordered his new cookbook 7 ways which is coming today, so hopefully I'll cook something from that, he did a ragu that I think I'd enjoy so maybe I'll batch cook that. 



I'm going to have a go at butternut squash risotto today, when I remember where I've put the recipe I found ;) the lunch I'd planned, I ended up having the other day when my liver didn't work out, so I may just have my breakfast as brunch today because I won't be particularly hungry but if I am I'll have a huge salad with some chicken breast maybe.  I'm loving being back in control, actually thinking about what I'm going to eat.  I enjoyed a WW chocolate cereal bar yesterday as well as wine last night.  It just proves you don't have to live on lettuce.  

Oh and wait for it, drum roll, you're not going to believe the next sentence, not if you really know me....... the best thing I ate yesterday was - are you seriously ready for this..... A huge nectarine!  Oh my word it was so good, just a perfect piece of fruit and that's always been why I didn't bother with fruit because when it's good it the best but when it's not yak and you can never be sure what you're paying for.  I think the trick is to buy what's in season, when it's at it's best, I have 3 more of those nectarines to enjoy and I'm looking forward to the juicy mess they make as you attempt to not drip it all down ya. 

Bless my mom she's been up since 3am, this is how it went, I heard noises so woke up, realised it was foxes so got up to have a nosey, there were two on the road looking all cute but whilst making my way to the window, I tripped over Alfie, who then decided he was going downstairs, where he promptly started barking at something in the garden!  I ran down to try and shut him up, then came back to bed, the little shih tzu then went and trotted into moms room, jumped on her bed and she woke up, when I went in cos she was cursing, she's half dressed and getting up - as my mate just said via chat, it's like a not very funny sitcom!  

I'm good though, I've got a day at home, no going out to work today, stuff to do but I can do it on my laptop.  Not sure how she'll react to the carer coming at lunchtime, so I'm not going to plan anything, but if she's good with her, I'm going to try and go and have me a good long walk, earn some FitPoints.

Right, that's me for today, yesterday was such a good day at Bloxwich, so good to be seeing everyone, lots of weight loss, lots of smiles, lots of returners, so I'm happy to chill today.  Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Old Fallings Church, any time between 9 & 10. 

Oh and if you haven't already 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvUFulWZo2HDogpufbjAHSQ Please click this link and subscribe to our Happy Owls YouTube channel ready for when we start posting videos.  

Here's to being on track, having a great day and not being blown away in this wind!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: