Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Terrific Tuesday anyone?



19th January 2016
Start over - new pattern of thoughts, new wave of emotions, new connection to the world - A new belief system in yourself!


I'm ready to make Tuesday terrific, did you make it through Blue Monday smiling?  I did, I worked all day in the end, spent 3 hours in the alley and shed boxing up old product, so cold out there, I had numb fingers by the end of it, took me back to the days of working in a shop, standing in the packing shed at the greengrocers, on a market stall and in the butchers, that was cold in the winter, it really was!  But the coldest and worst job I ever had was in a chicken factory, minus ten all the time, so cold, 12 hour shifts and I had to walk there because buses didn't run that early or go to route, vile job!  Good money it was though!  Memories ay, I've forgotten more than I can remember but luckily photos help me reminisce when I feel the need, which is why I love the TimeHop app and 'on this day' on Facebook.

So I'm back to tracking, had leftover mash, sprouts and gravy for breakfast (weird I know but I love it!) then managed to make another dinner from all the leftovers for our tea, mostly veggies, only had to Smart Point the chicken portion, potatoes and the gravy, 10 smart points at most and that included the bit of bread I mopped my gravy up with. 

Got me a nice piece of steak in the fridge for my dinner today, need to go fetch bread and maybe onions, although I could have them in freezer,  need to remember what's in that damn freezer!   But we all know the likelihood of that happening is about as likely as me being able to find my keys!  Yesterday I had to let 2 people in via our alley because I couldn't find moms or my keys, heck when I set my office on fire, the I couldn't let the firemen in because mom had locked me in. It's who I am as a lovely lady told me yesterday and I'm quite happy with being me so I'll continue to search for my keys, I've been doing it for 46 years, why change now!  It's also activity if you think about it, I have to walk around to find them so I'm moving more at least - always a positive!

Eggs, bacon and beans for breakfast then as I've no bread, but I do want a good breakfast to get me through the day, I do eat mostly No Count foods but I still continue to count as I'm greedy so it's safer!   I eat mostly No Count because being healthy is more important to me than being thin, I wouldn't dream of buying white bread when I shop as the norm because I know wholemeal is full of more goodness, little things like that.  I attempt to have veggies of some sort at every meal.  I drink two pints of water a day.  I've cut down on the amount of caffeine I drink too, not going to lie, that's only because of the Smart Points in skimmed milk!

Looking forward to seeing how my Willenhall wonders do today at the scales, last week's overall results were incredible, now to keep the momentum going, reminding ourselves why we're doing this.  One of my members posted on Facebook that she knows losing weight will help her back, I know losing weight will take some pressure off my knees, it's painful as hell to walk upstairs at the moment, my left knee does not like stairs at all! 

I'm waffling ain't I!  I'm allowed, it's my birthday, I'm going to open my pressies, have a mug of tea, enjoy the silence, then get ready for work and go share my day with people I enjoy spending time with.

Here's to making Tuesday terrific, healthy and happy all the way BeYOUTiful.  

What's better on a cold winters day than a pie, here's you Smart point recipe; 

Chicken and Mushroom Top-Crust Pie
Serves 4, 15 Smart Points per portion

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
1 large Onion, All Types, finely chopped
1 cube(s) Stock Cube, chicken, dissolved in 300ml hot water
125 g Mushrooms, sliced
75 g Beans, Green, trimmed and sliced
2 tablespoons Gravy Granules, dry, chicken (3sp)
450 g Roast Chicken, torn into chunks (15sp)
1 sprig(s) Parsley, fresh, chopped (fresh)
1/2 tsp Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) (ground)
250 g Pastry, Shortcrust, Block, thawed if frozen (41sp)
1 tbsp Milk, Skimmed, to glaze

Spray a saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened and browned.

Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat until simmering. Add the mushrooms and beans and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the beans are just tender. Stir in the chicken gravy granules to thicken the mixture, then remove from the heat.

Put the chicken into an ovenproof baking dish. Pour the gravy and vegetables on top, add the parsley, then mix everything together gently. Season with black pepper.

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F/fan oven 180°C.

Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then use to cover the top of the baking dish, trimming with a knife to fit. Use the trimmings to cut out leaves to decorate the top. Brush the pastry with milk, then transfer to the oven. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown.

No comments: