Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 January 2016

Getting into the habit of healthy



14th January 2016
You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analysing a situation, trying to put the pieces together, justifying what you could've, should've done, what went wrong; or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.


It's only Thursday already!  You know what that means don't you?  Yeah I know it's almost the weekend but that's not what I mean, it means I'm on my last day of week two and I'm still on track, I even came in under my daily's yesterday - what's that all about, and didn't think "oh I'll have wine", nope I went to bed and banked them.

Hoping for 2 tomorrow to make it my first silver seven, but I'll be happy with a loss of any kind, it's a journey not a race.

Food wasn't a priority yesterday as I was busy but I still made time to stop and enjoy it, breakfast was sardines on toast with leftover tinned tomatoes 4sp, I do like oily fish and it's so good for us, I'm going to try and make the effort to have it a few times a week, especially as my knee is hurting so could do with the extra oil ;)

For lunch we enjoy liver and onions in gravy with potato on tender broccoli shoots, so tasty for 10 smart point, then for my tea I used the left over trout to make a nice salad with olives, only 3 smart points, so I had some Weight Watcher crackers with a cheese triangle on the top, really tasty.

I do like the sound of today's Smart Point recipe, it's been a while since I've had it, so it'll go on my to eat list, it'll have to wait though as I had a food shop delivery yesterday so have lots of food to go through, although, I think it would go very well with a fillet of cod on the top, mmm, might need to do that, nom nom.


Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Serves 2, 6sp per serving

Weight Watcher oil spray
100g risotto rice (10sp)
300ml hot vegetable stock
175g chopped mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
60g low fat soft cheese (2sp)
freshly ground pepper
a handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley

Spray saucepan once with oil spray, add the rice and gently fry over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Gradually add stock and 150ml of hot water, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 20m or until tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Add a little more water if required during cooking. Spray frying pan with oil spray and add the mushrooms and garlic. Fry for 4-5m, until starting to brown.

Stir the soft cheese into the cooked rice. If the mixture is too thick add a little skimmed milk. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the mushrooms, parsley and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

I'm starting to get a new routine going, which I love because motivation is always what gets us started but habit is what keeps us going!  It's to fit a walk in with mom and the dog in the afternoon, no I haven't got time, yes it means I end up doing a bit of work at the weekend, however it's really good for me to have a break, to spend time with mom and to get a bit of fresh air.  Yesterday when mom came into my office and said, "me and Alfie are going for a walk, have you got time to come", the answer was no but my response was "Yes, let's go!"  Making time for me because my health matters too.

Are you making time for you BeYOUtiful?  Never forget how important you are! 

No comments: