Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 January 2016

Internets not working!



28th January 2016
Look up at the stars and not down at your feet.

So it appears I have no internet connection this morning so I don't even know if I'll be able to post this blog, although I may be able to use my iphone for 3G connection who knows!

"Shall we run away?"  That's a sentence my bestie and me use when we're having a rubbish day, but the truth is we both know, we can't or don't really want to run away!  The real question would be what do you do when you feel like you want to run away from it all and can't?   Personally I give myself permission to be grumpy and have a "I've got one on me and my life sucks today" day then I move on.  If I'm hormonal or if something in my life is genuinely sucky I don't pretend like it isn't happening but at the same time I don't unpack and live in my misery, if the 'problem' or 'issue' can't be changed I learn to live with it and move on.  If it can be changed - I start working on changing it.  I do not carry on moaning about the same thing day in, day out.  It's like my internet connection right now, I can't fix it 'just like that' so I'm accepting it, I'll hope it rectifies itself and if it doesn't I'll get in touch with an expert.  I think it also means my printer won't work - that'll be fun for work.

I was doing No Count yesterday but by tea time it turned out it didn't matter if I was doing No Count or Smart Points the results were about the same.  Today I'm thinking cod for lunch, need to go take it out of the freezer, then I've got a piece of steak I might enjoy for my tea.

Keeping my blog short this morning as moms just woke up, I've got to shower and my mind is buzzing with ideas for next week's meetings and I want to get them down on paper before I forget!   Below is your Smart Point recipe, enjoy.  Have a great day and stay BeYOUtiful.
Honey and Mustard Pork
Serves 4, 10sp each

450g peeled & diced swede
450g peeled & diced carrot
salt & pepper
low fat cooking spray 4 x 150g lean pork steaks (24sp)
2 tbsp honey (16sp)
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard (1sp)
juice ½ lemon
Green cabbage

Boil swede & carrots for 15-20 mins until cooked, then mash and season to taste. When swede & carrots have been cooking for 10 minutes, put cabbage on to cook. Heat a large non-stick frying pan & spray with cooking spray. Season pork steaks & brown for 3-4 mins on each side or until cooked through. Mix honey, mustard & lemon juice together and pour over steaks. Cook for 1 minute more, turning the pork steaks to glaze them in the sauce. Serve with mashed carrot & swede and cabbage.

No comments: