Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 January 2016

Looking forward to my week.



3rd January 2016
The struggle is part of the story.
Well yesterday morning was an awesome start to my Weight Watcher working year, such a great turnout, we all smiled at our gains, there were a few losses too, well done to the rare ones!  The we laughed as we planned what we could do this coming week to help us get back on track.  Yes me too because I gained 5lb over Christmas, and 8lb in December, thankfully I'd lost a little in November but I still have enough to lose. 

Starting day 3 here though, and with my weeklies intact, which I'm grateful for as Sunday is the day I don't have to go anywhere so can enjoy a bit extra if I want.  Enjoyed a bit of smoked salmon for my breakfast yesterday and then had a lovely creamy pasta dish for my tea using lots of veggie and a bit of Philadelphia light.

I think I might do mango and chicken kebabs today out of the latest Weight Watchers magazine, yeah that sounds like a plan.  Actually that could be tea and I might have Cod and mash for lunch, we shall see.  Feels good to be back on track and focused.

So today's recipe that's been Smart Pointed is this;

Bacon and onion mash
Serves 4, 5sp each

600g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks
1 large garlic clove
Low fat cooking spray  
1 onion, sliced finely
2 rashers smoked lean back bacon
3 tablespoons low fat fromage frais
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium.

Put the potatoes and garlic into a saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.

At the same time, heat a lidded, non-stick pan and spray with the cooking spray.
On a very low heat, cook the onion, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened and caramelised.

Meanwhile, put the bacon on a grill pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway through until cooked and crispy.

Drain on kitchen paper, then chop finely.

Drain the potatoes and garlic thoroughly and return to the saucepan.  Mash with a potato masher until smooth.  Stir in the fromage frais, chives, cooked bacon and onion  Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper & serve immediately

That would go nice with a bit of cod I think, mmm yeah sorted, I'll just have to nip out and get fromage frais. 

Loving tracking and seeing my end of the day success in front of me, not just the food, but the moves too, the step count, fitpoints earned and of course something that made me smile!  Both the new trackers and journal cover all these things and as it says, happy people make healthier choices - so it really is important to make yourself happy).

Right let's make today a good one, I'm undecided what I'll mostly be doing although I do need to get ready for next week's meetings, that's my first task, then my day is my own. 

Whatever your plans, focus on the good stuff, my highlight of yesterday was coming home to find mom had sorted the cupboard under the sink and marked the boxes up - it's the little things ;)

Here's to BeYOUtiful success in 2016 for those of us not at goal yet and continued success for those that are. 

No comments: