Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 24 January 2016

Oh go then Sunday, let's have ya!



24th January 2016
Friends - because of you I laugh a little harder, cry a little less and smile a lot more.


My plan for today is 80 hits of the 80's on in the background whilst I get my paperwork done from yesterday, my meeting planned for next week, my recipes Smart Pointed for a week of blogs and a little bit of housework done so we can actually get in the living room and to cook some lunch, I'm thinking a Roast Chicken dinner might be on the menu, great way to get those 5 a day in!  Then we shall be sitting in front of the tv and watching two films, Everest and Straight outta Compton whilst doing a bit of knitting.  That should more than fill my day!

It's all good because I'm raring to go and full of energy after having an afternoon of giggles with my girls, and giggle we did, all at stupidness that you at to be in the moment and no alcohol required either, I loved it.  It may have taken me 35+ years to find these ladies but I can't tell you how glad I am to have them in my life - the wait was so  worth it!  I love them more than a Big Mac meal and they know how much I love one of those, mmm I nearly wrote more than a bottle of really good red but...... ;)

It's amazing what a few hours with people that get you and a good night's sleep can do for you.  I'm ready to make February the new January, to get back to being eating with more awareness, this last week I've been possessed by my inner greedy "sod it" bitch!  She's good, she's really good and knowing which buttons to push to get me to overeat or eat badly, she'll say stuff like, "Ooo doughnuts are only 10sp in Greggs that's loads lower than a bar of chocolate, you should have one for lunch, if it's lunch you're not going over your points", she forgets to mention we went over our points and used all our weeklies days before celebrating my birthday!   She'll suggest I offer to make mom a drink so she's got me in the kitchen and of course mom's inner lazy forgetful bitch has ensured moms left her treats out on the side - I'm sure them two are working together, so before you know it, I've eaten a biscuit!  I know I'm not on my own, I was even stood in my "Don't give up" tshirt for some of it!   It's all good though because I'm still focused on doing this.  I know myself, I know tiredness kills me, it makes me wanna eat, I know that we're heading towards spring and I'm happy for my losses to be slow, I'm still 5lb lighter than I was on January 1st and that's what I'm focusing on!

I listen to Radio 2 and on Friday the "pause for thought" segment was about 'I wished I'd have acted differently', it caught my attention because I think we all feel that way at some time, I'm not talking regrets because someone once told me 'if you're going to regret it, don't do it' and I've lived by that all these years.  However there are moment when we think, "wished I hadn't said that/done that' when you wished you'd behaved differently, and it happens all the time when you're trying to lose weight, that biscuit you scoff, or that dessert you order, only to realise that'll be the reason you don't get a weight loss that week.  You know what - it is, what it is, suck it up, accept you enjoyed that dessert and focus on getting the week afters loss.

Be REAL, not perfect!

Perfect, well it's just not doable is it and to be honest, it's a bit boring!  None of my besties are perfect, and that's why I love them, I didn't pick them on their ability to still to a weight loss plan, I choose them because oh they do make me laugh, they support me when I need support, they accept me for being who I am (and I'm far from perfect) and we all fit together like jigsaw pieces, and now I'm smiling at the picture that would be on that completed jigsaw, trust me, it would not be perfect but we'd all be smiling at it.

So with my smile now firmly fixed on my face, I'm off to do stuff, here's your Smart Points recipe which I might do this week as I've bought turkey mince from Lidl's yesterday,
Indian Inspired Turkey Burgers, Koftes or Balls! Oops :)
Turkey mince 450g (turkey mince 12sp) or (turkey breast mince is 5sp) I always used the nutritional info off the packet to be safe!
2cm piece of root ginger (I used 3 cubes of frozen)
1 or 2 garlic glove crushed (or 1or 2 cube of frozen)
1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
Salt & freshly ground pepper
Low calorie cooking spray

Mix meat in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, cinnamon, curry powder and turmeric. Season and blend until quite smooth. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls (1sp per ball), on skewers as koftes (makes 4 at 3sp each) or make 4 larger burger (3sp) shapes.

Spray a non stick frying pan and cook over a medium heat for approx 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through, longer for burgers, turn halfway of course!

Enjoy as part of a meal with spaghetti, or on a bed of rice or in a pitta bread or on a bap, between a thin, or just have them on a huge salad - your choice!
Have a super Sunday BeYOUtiful, be happy!

No comments: