Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Early days I know but I feel positive!



6th January 2016
Sometimes all we need is a fresh start.

Well so far so good at the scales, no tears yet this year, everyone seems okay with their Christmas gains and raring to go!   I've decided my 2016 is going to be FLAB-U-LESS!  Yep, I'm feeling really positive and as a lot of my members have told me, moms words are still ringing in their ears, "You know you can do it because you've done it before!"  And you know what, even if you haven't, you can now!

Me and my members, we're going to make 2016 shine, we really are.  I'm starting day 6 and I'm 100% on track and feeling good, I even managed 10,000 steps yesterday, it meant walking round the bedroom to get the last 50 steps, but I did it!  And I went for a wander with mom on afternoon too, no I don't have the time, I don't have the time to do a lot of things but I'm going to do them and the other stuff can wait, this year I'm getting back to me.  I already have my me time with my massage on a Friday, and I sit doing nothing plenty at the weekend but that's usually because I'm shattered, so instead I'm going to take at least an hour out every afternoon, to cook, eat, walk, whatever I feel I need, usually Tues-Thurs I work straight through and grab something quick.

Yesterday I had a delicious plateful of gammon, pineapple, jacket potato, leeks, mushrooms and red pepper for 11 smart points or that would've been completely No Count too.   For my breakfast I'd had a tasty big breakfast of bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes & toast for a busy day, that was 6 Smart Points or No Count, totally delicious.  Might have that again today actually.

So today's going to be busy as I've got the hairdressers in the middle of the day and meetings morning and night.  I fancy gravy with whatever else I have, I've also got some Weight Watchers tortilla wraps open so might make a quesadilla for tea, yep that sounds like a plan.  Mash and gravy with something, I'll need to nip to shops if I want sausages, think Asda might be seeing me this morning, get to spend that £20 gift card at last.

I've also not had a drink yet, the plan had been no wine for a week but I did have a bottle of gin as a back up!  However I've been having a glass of tonic water instead at night and that's doing the trick.  Don't get me wrong I don't intend to go tee-total nor even do dry January, it's a week, I'm not even using my weeklies because they'd normally go on wine.  I plan to use some of them today though so I can have something scrumptious.

Right I'm off, loving my meetings already this week, so off to get ready for another.  One of my members has just offered to knock my door at 6 to go for a walk, I'm rather tempted to say yes, but I genuinely don't know if I can fit it in, do I just go for a walk anyway whether I can fit it in or not!  Mmm maybe...

Here's your Smart Point recipe for the day;

10 Minute Beef Stroganoff
Serves 2, 6 Smart Points per portion at most (depends on which steak you use)
Low fat cooking spray
220g lean beef steak cut into thin strips (Sirloin lean = 8) (fillet = 6) (rump 10) worth checking nutritional info on packet!
150g sliced mushrooms
8 sliced spring onions
¼ tsp ground paprika
150ml beef stock (made using ½ oxo stock cube)
4 tbsp very low fat plain fromage frais (2sp)
salt & black pepper

Heat non-stick frying pan & lightly coat with low fat cooking spray. Add the beef, followed by the mushrooms and spring onions. Stir-fry for 3 mins. Sprinkle in paprika then pour in the beef stock.

Bubble rapidly for 30-60 seconds until liquid is reduced and syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat and leave for about 1 minute, and then stir in the fromage frais and season to taste. Serve with pasta, rice or jacket for extra points.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, happy people make healthier choices, don't forget that!

No comments: