Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 25 September 2015

Gotta love Fridays!



25th September 2015
Smiles are like sit ups for your face! Exercise it daily ;)



Friday - YAY!  Although I have a few errands to run and a bit of work to get done, I can feel a quite chilled out kind of day, I'm feeling very calm, I think it's the headspace.com mindful meditation I'm doing, I've just started day 11, it's gone to 15 minutes and I like it a lot, its proving to me that if something is important enough to me, I can find or make the time, I shall be setting my alarm clock a little earlier next week to fit in into my day.

Well I'm surviving the MacMillan cake events I think, I might not get a weight loss on Monday but hopefully I won't get a gain.  Last night I was saved from myself by my lovely member Natalie, when we were packing it all away, there was 2 Krispy Kreme filled doughnuts left and I said, "I'll take these for mom, she'll eat em", to which Natalie replied, "Will you be safe with them Bev, will your mom get to eat them?"  Caught wasn't I!  She was right, although my inner greedy bitch was being devious and pretending to me and Nat that I would take them home for mom, she knew once she got me in the car, she'd be whispering, "go on, taste one, you might like them more this time than before when you tried one, so many people who love them can't be wrong, try one, make sure, see if you've changed your mind, it's for a good cause, eat it!"  Well thanks to Nat just asking the question, I realised this was what would happen and I asked her to take them for her two children instead - phew, ProPoints saved!  It also meant I got to savour cheese on toast for tea.

Our Macmillan fundraising is going really well, £330 so far so hopefully we'll get that nearer £400 Saturday morning and our spot the cake prize is up to about £60 so someone will have a nice surprise when that's scratched off!

I've got risotto for dinner today, been fancying on for ages, so I hope it's as good as I'm expecting.  I fancy cooking this weekend, getting me a new recipe to try, or making one up myself!  I love the idea from one of my members of using a tin of French onion soup to make my couscous, so instead of adding water, add the heated soup, that way it's already got the flavour and onions in.  Yeah I need to get some ingredients and have a play around I think, it's been a while since I bought chorizo, one of my favourite ingredients.

I just got distracted googling recipes, I've still got the puff pastry in my fridge so I'm thinking something with that, and if you're still looking for a showstopper of a dessert for a MacMillan event this one looks the business and it has fruit in it!

Banana and Salted Caramel Tart Tatin

  • 1 pack ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry (the whole packs are approx 40pp but you wouldn't use it all)
  • 100 g light soft brown sugar (11pp)
  • 75 g butter, cut into cubes (16pp)
  • 4-5 firm bananas
  • pinch of sea salt
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
  2. Melt the sugar and butter in a saucepan over a low heat without stirring.
  3. Once the sugar has melted, turn up the heat and bring to the boil for 4-6 minutes, or until it turns a deep caramel colour. Pour the caramel into a 23cm cake tin with a solid base, or a frying pan with oven proof handles and spread the caramel out quickly with the back of a warm spoon.
  4. Slice the bananas into 2cm-thick slices, arrange in the tin carefully in a circular pattern and sprinkle with a little sea salt.
  5. Cut the pastry into a circle 3cm larger than the tin. Lay on top of the bananas and tuck the edges down inside the tin.
  6. Bake for 25-30 mins until the pastry is risen and cooked through.
  7. Leave the tart to cool in the tin for 5 mins before carefully turning out onto a large serving plate.
  8. Serve warm with cream or ice cream for extra ProPoints. 
Right I need to get going, I'm all for the chilled but I do have things to do ;) 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful.


No comments: