Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 September 2015

Because it isn't meant to be easy....

21st September 2015
“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” ~Charles R. Swindoll

In case you didn't read the text on the image above it says;

Did you know it is physically impossible for a butterfly to see its own wings?   Did you also know that the wings of a butterfly are considered to be one of the most beautiful of nature's creations?  They can't see how beautiful they are.  But everyone else can...  I feel like people can be the same way.

How true is that, people just don't see their own BeYOUtiful, they tend to focus on their faults, when their struggling they only focus on that, not on how successful they've been up until then.  I think everyone I know has lost weight successfully then regained some (if not all) of it and had to start over, I see them beating themselves up over, hell I've done it myself and we shouldn't, we should understand how difficult it is and how different life circumstances cause us to veer off track. 

So what do we do when we go off track, we start over, we start small, we give ourselves praise for every good choice we make, for every extra bit of activity we do, we stop with the beating ourselves up, we stop giving ourselves a hard time.  Do you remember when your baby was learning to walk and they managed a step then fell down, how amazing is that to watch, how proud were you?  Did you give them loads of praise or did you look at them lying on the floor and say "well that was pathetic wasn't it, is that the best you can do!" 

So come on talk to yourself how you would to a young child learning to walk, please stop giving yourself such a hard time.  Take your journey one step at a time, one meal, one decision, one day, it ISN'T easy, if it was we'd all be thin!

Have you ever been lucky enough to see a butterfly emerge from its cocoon?  The scientific term is metamorphosis, well it's a long and painful process, it can't be rushed, if you were to help it along, you'd actually be damaging it because the chrysalis holds vital fluids important to its wing formation, so if you did 'help' the butterfly that emerged would be crippled or deformed, and nothing like the butterfly it was supposed to be. 

Just like the butterfly, we too are going through a transformation, our entire lives are journeys so we are constantly changing don't rush through it.  I'm in a really good place in my life right now, it hasn't always been that way, I've suffered illness, heartbreak, work problems, loss and probably so much more I don't wish to dwell on.  I'm doubting the rest of my life with be 'really good' all the time but I know I'll get through it because that's what I do.

Even on bad days, I trust life, just hang in there and know you'll get through it.  If I do find myself feeling bad more often than not, I take time out to reflect on whether or not I'm happy deep down with what I'm doing and if I'm not, I make changes.  And finally I believe in myself, because let's be honest, if I don’t, who will?

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. So however you feel right at this moment in time, remember you can be anything you put your mind too, if that's slimmer, then come on let's do this!

Just BeYOUtiful!

(& a big thank you to Deborah M for sending me the image that prompted this blog today)



No comments: