Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 October 2014

WHY?



7th October 2014
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.


What’s your motivation?  WHY? Why do you want to lose weight?

Really question yourself, what difference will it make to your life….

If you don’t know the answer to that one, the rest isn’t going to be so easy. 

Can’t think of one? Or have you just used the old favourite, “I don’t wanna be fat”.

Here’s a few suggestions;

-       It’s December and the Works Christmas party and you can’t find anything to wear that you feel good it.  
-       It’s Sunday morning and you went out partying last night, you get up to find you’ve been tagged on some photos on Facebook, are you over the moon and can’t wait to go look or are you dreading what you’re going to look like?

There’s two vanity based ones, what about health?

-       Can you feel pain in your knees when you walk?
-       Do you know you’re at risk of diabetes because of your diet?
-       Is your back aching when you get into bed?

There’s a few to throw into the possible motivation list…

We all have different reasons for wanting to lose weight and I’ve noticed that a lot of us treat it as a project, I’ve been known to myself, however you wouldn’t dream of not cleaning your teeth for a few days because it takes so much effort, washing too, that’s time-consuming isn’t it, shall we all just skip it this week?  So, why do we treat our health and happiness as an off and on project, it isn’t, it shouldn’t be. 

What would help us is to work on our habits to make them healthier so that taking care of ourselves and getting our weight to a healthy number is something that’s automatic most of the time.  It starts in the supermarket really when you think about it doesn’t it, if you don’t buy the stuff that makes you gain weight, you can’t eat it!  That I believe is key, and don’t give me the old chestnut “I have to buy it for the kids!” we’re really not doing them any favours are we having a house full of rubbish that’s giving them bad eating habits to start of their lives. 

Our everyday meals are something else we can get into a habit of making healthy, if we had a dozen dinners that we can make that we know are healthy, there’s nothing to stop us replicating them week in, week out.

If we can make healthy living as automatic as washing and cleaning our teeth, it’d make for an easier life wouldn’t it. 

We’ll never be 100% healthy all the time, that’s where the happy comes in, it’s finding the balance between indulgence and healthy, who wants to live the rest of their life without ever having that treat again, but that’s what it should be a treat not a daily fix.

I’m talking to myself here too by the way, I’ve realised I’ve lost routine, I’ve got all out of sync, so changing habits isn’t something you do once, it’s something that needs to be changed/tweaked/adapted every time you have a life change.  My life’s changed over the last ten years of being a Weight Watcher leader, I’m not the same person as I was ten years ago, I’ve aged and grown and the things I do have changed.  Heck the job I do has changed dramatically, and I need to adapt to this new way, I used to enjoy spending hours in the kitchen and hours walking the dog, I don’t seem to have that much time these days, I feel busier, so I need to adapt. 

I was under the illusion I was quite active, my fitbit tells me otherwise, I may have once walked Alfie twice a day, every day but moms took over that role because he doesn’t want to walk so far these days, although I did manage to get him out for a half decent walk yesterday. 

Yes things in my life have changed and I need to make changes to fit the healthy in around them, no it’s not going to be a ‘project’ because they tend to be short lived, it’s going to be a one day at a time, what can I do today to improve my health thing that won’t ever end and if I have a day when I don’t ask myself that question or I ignore the answer, I will ask that question again the next day.

So BeYOUtiful what can you do today to improve your health and happiness?  I’ll leave you with that thought…

No comments: