Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 October 2014

Make today Matter!



27th October 2014
Don’t carry your mistakes around with you.  Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.


Well I used the day well yesterday, made a meal plan, shopped, I even threw it a bit of Christmas shopping including something for myself – wouldn’t that be so much easier if we all bought our own gift, everyone would get what they wanted! 

On the afternoon I cooked a roast chicken dinner, chicken and bacon casserole and a pan of beef stew.  The Sunday dinner was so big I didn’t need any tea, plus I have a spare dinner for today, the casseroles been portioned up and put in the freezer for in the week meals and the stew will do for tomorrow and later in the week.  My original meal plan will be deviated from as I realised I don’t need that much food!  I need to get my appetite back under control, so smaller evening meals is a major step in the right direction. 

I plan to work today in my office, and then if I can summon up the enthusiasm at the end of that, I’m gonna sort the office out!  I won’t hold my breath though, but I can live in hope.   I have to keep planning on doing it though otherwise I might as well give up the ghost, the same goes for my weight, if I don’t constantly keep an eye on it, it would just get higher and higher and higher because eating is such a pleasurable thing to do but so is breathing and I find the latter much easier when I keep my weight in check!

We watched Doctor Who yesterday, it is one of my favourite programmes and I just loved this line, Mr Pink said it when he was offered the chance to travel the universe in the Tardis and he declined;
 “I can see what I nearly lost and it's enough, I don't wanna see more things, I wanna see the things that are in front of me more clearly, there are wonders here!”
Blooming love Doctor Who I do!
That’s exactly how I feel in my life at this time, last Christmas I nearly lost my mom, and it woke me up a little to the fact we’re not here forever and what matters most to me is here, I’ve travelled a lot in my time and I can honestly say I have no desire to go anywhere at the moment, I have no need for a holiday because I enjoy my life every day.  Don’t get me wrong I’m looking forward to a week off at Christmas doing stuff at home but this will be our first Christmas at home in as long as I can remember, I don’t actually think I’ve had a Christmas in this house so that’s 20 years almost.  I’ve actually never had time off work in my house when I wasn’t ill because I’ve always gone away somewhere, so yeah I’m completely looking forward to a week off to do whatever takes my fancy.  I’m hoping I can get my house sorted before then so that isn’t the main focus of my break! 

It isn’t that far away you know Christmas, only 59 sleeps!  8 more weekends, that’s a scary thought for sure.  So yes I will make sure I’m productive today, the office it is, I’m not leaving here till everything that needs doing is done – bring on the coffee!  I’m even contemplating thinning out my book collection!

Ooo now that’s scary.  Right the sooner I start the sooner I’m done.  Meals are all under control, I’m actually thinking something light for breakfast, ooo crumpets are needing to be used so they’ll do with cherry tomatoes and a poached egg but not yet, too early, a cuppa though – yeah.

Have a wonderful Monday, make it a day that counts BeYOUtiful, make every day count. xx

No comments: