Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Reality check!



29th October 2014
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.


I’ve been awake since 4am, you’ve gotta love the hour change to the clock – NOT! Even mom’s out of sync, she’s just surfaced and it’s not even 5am, I’m hoping she can go back to bed and sleep a little longer, we all need our sleep don’t we.  On a positive it’s meant I’m not having to rush this morning, I’ve just had me nearly an hour of thinking about blogging and messing about on the pc, plus a nice mug of tea.  Might go and make me another before continuing.

That’s better, can’t beat a good mug of tea in the morning. I need to remember how nice it feels having a tidy office/house too then I might attempt to stay on top of it all!

So yesterday was a beef stew day for me, yep I ate it for dinner and tea, good stuff though, today we’re having liver and onions, mash and peas, I’m looking forward to that, haven’t had liver for ages.

I’m making an effort this week just to eat my meals, not to snack and to help with that plan we haven’t got any of the snacking stuff in the house as mom really can do without it in her life too. 

One members card caught my eye yesterday when I realised it was her 7th weigh-in and she’d lost 15.5lb in that time, I thought to myself we have one more weigh in than that between now and Christmas, it’s feasible to lose a stone between now and Christmas day, how fantastic would that be! Plus she’d done it following F&H so she hadn’t needed to weigh or measure anything!  Sometimes I like what’s under my nose reaffirming by a real life example. 

Thinking about it, F&H will fit in great with those Christmas pub meals out with friends, a turkey roast is a great F&H meal, your 49 would help to cover the gravy and roasters.  Yes losing up to a stone between now and Christmas is extremely doable, if you want to.  No actually not only if you want to, cos we all want to, it’s the follow through that counts, it’s easy to sit here and say “ooo I’d love to lose a stone” but you actually have to DO something for that to happen don’t you!

So I’m starting with good F&H foods, yesterday was a good day, and today will be too.  I shall be taking it one day at a time, one meal at a time and focusing on positives.

Why am I suddenly thinking I would like to lose, well I have a confession to make, on Monday when I weighed I saw a number I haven’t seen in over 10 years and it hit me like a smack in the face!  I didn’t want to put it in writing and tell the world, I won’t lie.  As I walked round the shops Monday buying a few Christmas things, I had my Weight Watcher hoody on and I felt a bit of a fraud, I thought to myself “you hardly look like a good example right now do you!  Heavier than you’ve been in ten years, how about you get a grip and practice what you preach!”

So I’ve digested this information and I’m ok for everyone to know because as I tell my members they’re human and life gets in the way.  I need to realise my life has changed a lot over the last few years, my fitbit has most definitely confirmed I’m nowhere near as active as I once was, I was under the illusion I averaged 10,000 steps a day, not any more I don’t, it’s more like just over 6,000 a day on average.  So the good thing is I’m hitting a healthy total, but I’m not earning as much on the activity ProPoints front!  I’ve had my fitbit exactly a month and in that time, I’ve only hit 10,000 steps three times, see with my old pedometer, once a week was over, that information was forgotten, this keeps a record that doesn’t go away!  Weight Watchers Esource does the same with my weight journey, that makes for interesting reading I have to say! 

So today is a fresh day, another chance to make a difference to me, I will start my day with cherry tomatoes on toast, topped with an egg, dinner is the liver and I might have a bowl of stew for tea or I may freeze that and have something else, although stew is seeming the easy option.  Tomorrow is sorted as I have that chicken and rice casserole in the freezer ready, yay it really helps to be organised.  Just need to stay focused for the whole week now, not just Monday – Thursday!

The incredible weight loss in my meetings yesterday proves it works, the gold members that return week after week to maintain their incredible losses proves it works.  Yes there’s still time to make a difference in 2014!  Exactly 10 weeks left of 2014, let’s make them count I say, what do you think BeYOUtiful.

Here’s to a great day. Make it count.

No comments: