Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 4 October 2014

Heartburn can do one...



4th October 2014
Today is the beginning of anything you want!

It’s a bit grim out there this morning, a great reason to spend the day at home I say and hibernate with my mom, recharge my batteries after a busy week, sounds good.  Had a lovely night last night, my bestie came round we had a good night but I was woken in the night with heartburn/acid indigestion with was a solid reminder of why I don’t eat and drink rubbish regularly, I’m so back on it this morning.  I will not be going to bed and waking up like that again for a long time, it’s horrid and just a vivid reminder of what’s going on inside your body that you may not be aware off when you’re not focusing on being healthy.  Yeah I didn’t like that feeling at all, so today I have a chicken casserole ready for lunch, I might have a couple of scrambled eggs with a piece of bread for my breakfast, that’ll be nice and light.

It’s good occasionally to have a harsh reminder of why you decided to get healthy!  I know I sometimes think I’m missing out not being able to eat rubbish and fast food but after fancying a KFC, MacD, Chinese, Indian and everything over the last few weeks, I’ve just realised actually I don’t want any of it, because after 2 pieces of KFC chicken yesterday, followed by our evening (which wasn’t ridiculously bad honest!) I wasn’t impressed with how my stomach couldn’t cope with it all.  I can make a healthy version of KFC, so I just need to remember that, and I did enjoy my version just as much, so next time….

So why didn’t I make my own version…. Was it;

A)     Didn’t have time.
B)      Couldn’t be bothered
C)      Convinced myself it was better
D)     Deserved a treat
E)      Because it was there
F)      Because I was hungry
G)     Because I’ve been hormonal all week

The truth – all of the above, it’s amazing how your mind can give you a multiple of reasons for making a not so great choice, and we have a choice I guess to continue to let that side of our mind win the conversation or we can turn the volume up on the side that says;

A)     You can always find the time for what’s important to you.
B)      You’re important too, so get bothered.
C)      You’re homemade chicken is just as tasty.
D)     Yes you deserve a treat but does it have to be food based! Flowers are nice…
E)      Yes it’s there now but you’ll have driven past in a minute.
F)      You’re not really hungry are you, you’re pretending because you’re outside a KFC, you’ve not long had toast.
G)     You’re always hormonal, deal with it!  That’s just an excuse really isn’t it?

WOWsers, she’s a bit of a reality check isn’t she.  Is she a bitch or is what she’s just said actually true.  Yeah she’s right, this Beverley who’s typing this morning knows that the decisions I made yesterday were purely made because I was in ‘sod it’ mode.  I knew exactly what I was doing and I was choosing to ignore the importance of a healthy existence, luckily for me, the heartburn in the night was a timely reminder.    Lynne’s husband will be pleased because I’ve sent the remainder of the lager home for him; I can’t be tempted by what’s not in the house!

So on that notice, I’m going to have a good day, we will do some chilling, I’ll read my book and my treat will be in the form of a massage, no ProPoints in that!

However you’re spending your day, hope you’re doing so in a healthy & happy way BeYOUtiful.



No comments: