Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 January 2014

So relieved....



Wednesday 1st January 2014


 If you don't change direction, you may end up where you are heading.  Lao Tzu

“Happy New Year”, it’s a greeting said to so many and said to anybody and everybody over the last week, but what would make your year truly “HAPPY”, actually spend some time thinking about that, don’t be making silly resolutions that will stress you out and not last very long, instead think about how you could improve your life on little step at a time. 

For me this most definitely includes being healthy, I already am the majority of the time but from today this house is going to be a healthy household all the time, yes we’re home I’m glad to say, mom was discharged from hospital yesterday lunchtime and we’ve drove home.  It’s been a very scary few days for all of us and it’s not over yet, she’s a very poorly lady.  In a nutshell the doctor that did the endoscopy on her told me, “she has a strangulated stomach, you need to go to her GP and tell him she needs keyhole surgery urgently because the next time this happens she could die!”  Ouch, scary to hear  but necessary, she’s in bed now and much better in herself, still very poorly obviously but back to her lucid self, I can’t get to see our GP till tomorrow because they’ll be closed today but as soon as they’re open I’m there!

I’ve been up since 4am, I didn’t see the new year in, I slept it in, we were in bed before 9pm and I knew it was midnight because of the fireworks waking me up and Alfie having a bark at them, I’ve never been a fan of New Years Eve even less so after this last few days ;-!

I’m making myself busy today, I’ve already started, this house is getting a massive clean-up operation, one room at a time, and everything’s being tidied, sorted and put away.  I also need to fix the toilet and the kitchen cupboard door which both broke the morning we left.  I’ve even just used the washing machine for the first time in a very long time, mom usually does that, but she won’t be doing anything for a good while, not until I know what’s she’s capable of being allowed to do.

Making soup today too, I’ve got two bags of parsnips to use up so as I’m doing the simple start with all my members from next week I thought this would be a help.  I’m not starting it today but I do plan on eating sensibly for the rest of the week, not sure what mom can eat but I’m guessing small portions of bland food for now. 

So much to do, I better get on it, 

Here’s to an amazing 2014, Healthy & Happy, Eating Gorgeous & as always BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: