Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 January 2014

#SimpleStart, I haven't felt so in control in years!


Sunday 12th January 2014
Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go.  You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.  Rick Warren

All in my house is quiet right now moms fast asleep and so is Alfie, although sounds like he’s dreaming as I’m hearing the odd quiet ‘woof’, I do love this time of day, it’s still dark yet the sky is starting to lighten and the colours in it are amazing.

Yesterday was another on track Simple Start day for me, it looked like this; 

Breakfast - BLT toastie using calorie controlled brown bread = tasty! 
Dinner - Pan-fried chicken & asparagus with wholewheat pasta, page 68 of the new WW Filling & Healthy cookbook. Will definitely be a regular meal = delicious & easy!




Tea - easy egg fried rice (just cooked rice then fried in a pan with egg & ham) & corn on cob














 
  
Something sweet - 0% Greek yogurt, blueberries & 1pp honey


 When all that’s in your house is Filling & Healthy ingredients, it makes it a lot easier to decide what to eat!  When I’m peckish or snackish, I’m just grabbing a few slices of cooked ham.  I’m managing to resist the cheese/chorizo etc as it’s in the salad drawer out of sight in the fridge – out of sight, out of mind!








I did enjoy my red wine again, as I now have my weeklies to go at, so far I’ve used 27 of them (not just on wine!) and I’ll have a drink tonight but then nothing again till Friday, if I can keep it to 3 days a week that’ll make a lot of difference to my weight and ultimately my health hopefully. 
I’ve got my food delivery coming in an hour or so, can’t wait, is it sad that I’m excited that Morrison’s now deliver food!  It may have taken me half hour to put my list together, but that was because I was meal planning at the same time, it has saved me a two hour shopping trip though, where I would have also spent more because I am a shopoholic where food is concerned.  This way I have my meals planned for next week, I checked my cupboards to see which ingredients I needed and then I did it all online.  The only downside was they didn’t have a few of the ingredients I needed so I’ll still have to pop to the shops at some point!  Here’s my meal plan for the week;

Main Meals
1) Braising steaks with onions & mushrooms (p58 F&H cookbook)
2) Pan Fried Chicken and asparagus (p68 F&H cookbook)
3) Spaghetti Carbonara (p74 F&H cookbook)
4) Greek pork patties with radish Tzatziki
5) Classic burger with a twist
6) Roasted salmon fillet with bacon, peas, potatoes and mint
7) Chicken stew & rice (p40 F&H cookbook)

  • Other meals 
  • Trout & roast veg with chips 
  • Yellow split pea & ham soup serves 4 - freezable (p32 F&H cookbook) 
  • Eggs Benedict (p30 F&H cookbook)
  • Chips with curry sauce (p22 F&H cookbook)
  • Mini chicken, spinach & cottage cheese frittatas (F&H cookbook)

Breakfast - I’ve just ordered basics as I seem to be having similar every day and that doesn’t need planning.  I’m really getting into a routine, which I need with my busy life.  Once I’ve ordered online a few times and do a few meal plans, I’ll have a favourites list and also can reuse the plans. 

Gonna get a grip in 2014 as I’ve made it the “Year of the Healthy & Happy Household” .
Right it’s Sunday, haven’t decided what I’m doing yet, I have a huge ‘to do’ list to get through over the next few weeks, yesterday I cleaned out the drawers in the kitchen and under the stairs – quite a task!  I attempted to sort the airing cupboard in mom’s room but apparently according to my mother if it’s folded its allowed to stay, even if it hasn’t been used for 2 years!  I’ll have to work on her ;-) with that I think.  I think I might cook and freeze stuff today, we'll see, it's Sunday needs to not be

Have a fantastic day, hope its as good as the sunrise has been this morning, stunning is all I can say, gonna be a cold, bright day I reckon, a good walk outside would do you good.
EatGorgeous regardless xx



No comments: