Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 January 2014

Simple Start is scrumptious...



6th January 2013
You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.  Mary Tyler Moore



Day 3 Simple Start in the bag, finding it quite easy to be honest, yesterday I had a delicious breakfast of 2 wholemeal Warburton thins with bacon medallions, fried mushrooms (using spray oil – healthy allowance) and lettuce.  Then for lunch I had cottage pie using extra lean mince beef, carrots, onions and used beef oxo cubes for the stock topped with mash potato.  I had a wafer thin ham & lettuce sandwich (using low calorie bread) whilst waiting for my tea to cook which was 2 corn on the cobs that had been roasted in the oven and were absolutely divine, will definitely be having them again.
Not sure what’s on the menu today, however because I took the time to do that meal plan, I’ll have a list of options to choose from.  It’s really helped having that in place this weekend especially as we’ve been busy working on the house, it would’ve been so easy to say, “oh I’ve got nothing planned, let’s have a takeaway”, when the kitchen was upside down Saturday, so I’m really glad I did it, will try to make that a regular thing especially now we’ve got to be super careful with moms eating habits.

I managed a good sleep again, at least 9 hours thankfully, going back to my meetings tomorrow is going to be a shock after two weeks off but I’ll survive I’m sure, can’t wait to see all my members.  It’s not like I’ve been lazing around doing nothing for the last week is it!  I put my pedometer back on Friday morning and so far in just 3 days I’ve earned 23pp – of course I’m not using them though as you don’t on Simple Start but it’s still nice to know how active I’m being, especially as I’ve not walked Alfie much, others have been doing it for me, I’d say I missed it but I’d be lying when the weathers like this!

I’m getting some semblance of order in my house, the utility room and the kitchen are looking fantastic, that’s my mission this year to have a tidy, orderly house that I can find stuff in.  I’m decluttering and it feels good, the bins are full now though and they don’t come till Wednesday and the recycling ones don’t come till the Wednesday after!  Boo!  Yeah I likes this tidy house thing, just take some working on to keep it that way, can’t but do my best.

Someone on facebook has just asked, “Ideas for a quick breakfast”, I think we all feel so rushed most of the time that we believe everything takes a long time and it actually doesn’t have to, I have a hot breakfast most days of one sort or another and I get up at 5am because I have so much to get done before I leave them house.  Toast with baked beans or scrambled eggs takes the time it takes to cook toast in toaster, I put the beans or egg in a cup in the microwave – takes minutes.  Crumpets instead of the toast is another option, or Wholemeal Warburton thins, it doesn’t take any longer than a bowl of porridge.  Instead of bacon use wafer thin ham on your breakfast tastes just as good (its from the same animal after all) a ham, lettuce and tomato toastie is delicious.   Smoked haddock only tastes minutes in a microwave.  

I think instead of thinking obstacles if we all start to think solutions we’ll get much better results don’t you?  My brother has made me realise this the last few days, his dogged determination and persistence to get a job done is admirable, he won’t stop till it’s done, he won’t let an obstacle get in his way, if something doesn’t fit – he finds a way to make it fit!  We bought a light fitting for the kitchen because it was in the clearance section and when we got home it was too big for the room, I’d have just thrown it away (no refunds on clearance) and bought another one whereas he tatted with it for ages to find a solution and adapt it so it fitted, and to be honest I actually prefer the version of it we ended up with.

So yes start thinking SOLUTIONS not OBSTACLES!

I’m not one for New Year Resolutions but I am a big believer in improving yourself and changing if that’s what you want and I want to change some of my habits not just the eating ones, the fact I’m an innate untidy tramp around the house, I’m 44 this month for goodness sake, I need to stop hanging my bras off door handles and throwing my dirty clothes on the floor wherever I happen to get undressed!  My bedroom looks like a teenagers (that’s my next room, but it’s gonna take some thinking about before I do it, I need to move it round. 

Anyways one day at a day, one meal at a time, Rome wasn’t built in a day at all that!
Happy Monday everyone, Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful and have a fabulous day.  







No comments: