Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Cheese & Potato pie and home made Fish Fingers mmmm



22nd January 2013
Do not underestimate yourself by comparing yourself with others.  It’s our differences that make us unique & BeYOUtiful. xx
 Another amazing day at the scales yesterday, 248.5lb lost by my members, 3 x 10% keyrings presented and one gorgeous member achieving her goal = amazing job satisfaction!

My diet was pretty repetitive, I had a rushed breakfast of a bacon and lettuce wrap because I didn’t realise how fast the time had gone on the morning so had to hurry, lunch was the frittata recipe from the new F&H cookbook, mine didn’t turn out looking like the book nor the effects I’ve seen made by my members, they tasted okay though and for tea I had leftover chicken and rice casserole which was lovely.  Today I’m making cheese and potato pie, hefty on the ProPoints we all know cheese is, however I’m choosing to do a F&H day and then I’ll only have to ProPoint the cheese from my weeklies or activity PP and I’ll be able baked beans with it too, mmm.  Making homemade fish fingers today too;

Homemade Fish Fingers  Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins

13pp total – 1pp per fish finger (F&H & uses daily healthy oil)
1 egg, beaten (2pp)
85g white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread (5pp) (use low cal brown bread for F&H)
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
400g skinless sustainable white fish, sliced into 12 strips (7pp)

Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs along with the oregano and some salt and pepper.

Brush a non-stick baking sheet with half the oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until golden.

Veggies & Dip to go with Fish Fingers if you like;
8pp total, 4 servings at 2pp  

juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise (5pp)
140g frozen peas, cooked and cooled (3pp)
100g young leaf spinach

Meanwhile, mix the mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss the spinach leaves and peas with a squeeze more lemon juice and the remaining oil. Serve the fish fingers with the spinach and peas and a spoonful of the lemony mayo.

Yes I fancy those a lot, got my fish defrosting in the fridge ready.  Need to make the effort to cook the healthy food as I’ve really noticed the difference it makes to my mood and energy levels the last few weeks, lots of things affect our mood don’t they and at this time of year it’s far too easy to get a bit down with the lack of sunshine and warmth for one, so anything we can do to lift our spirits is most definitely welcome.  I must remember to blast my music today too, as that always cheers me up, I’m feeling a bit of naff 80s pop music is much needed, although I have to admit I’ve woken up in a much better mood than the last few days, got to love the human body and mind, when it decides to be cranky and tired, it takes some real effort not to go with the flow!   I usually acknowledge the mood and tell myself it’ll pass whilst getting on with my day, luckily for me that usually works. 

With a smile on my face this morning, I’ll suggest we make Wednesday Wonderful, try to focus on the positives not always easy I know but usually you can’t do much about the negatives so accepting them and getting on with it makes them more manageable.

Eat Gorgeous – that always makes me smile.
BeYOUtiful – then everyone else will see the gorgeousness of you.
Take care of you – because you’re worth the effort.

xx

No comments: