Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 28 January 2014

I'm off to bake breakfast bars!



28th January 2014
Knowing what you want makes it easier to achieve – decide your goals and put plans in place to achieve them. 

It’s quite amusing how good cold toast made from low calories bread with Weight Watcher spread tastes after a 12 hour fast!  That was me yesterday in my car after having a fasting blood test at 10am, the toast was washed down with a luke warm coffee and it was delicious ;0), and hopefully the blood test will show I’m a healthy 44 year old having her mid-life health check.  Mmm midlife, yeah I don’t really wanna live any longer than 88 to be fair, that’ll do me.

We had split pea and ham soup for lunch, the recipe out of the new F&H cookbook, I’d got some out of the freezer to save me time as after the blood test, we had dentists appointments, everything’s okay with the teeth too, it just cost me £60 for the two of us to find that out and get them scraped and polished, hey ho I do like clean teeth even if I don’t like the scraping, it’s worth it in the end.

I was going to cook savoury rice yesterday but I found a cauliflower and some broccoli that needed using so instead we had cauli & broccoli cheese, using the easiest white sauce recipe in the world;

White Sauce
Serves 4, at 3pp each
40g low fat spread (4pp)
40g plain flour (4pp)
450ml skimmed milk (4pp)
1 bay leaf

Throw it all in a pan, it won’t look good, place over a medium heat and cook, stirring all the time until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.  Remove bay leaf.

To make it cheese sauce add, 40g strong cheddar cheese, then pour over cooked veg and top with 25g cheese and grill.  (65g cheddar = 7pp)

Looked like this;


Really easy and delicious and using frozen veg, it works out at roughly 65 pence a portion, cheap and easy.

I actually used Weight Watchers spread to make it and saved 3pp on the recipe, it still tasted just fine.

I’m definitely on a mission to cut my shopping bill, I’ve always spent too much in supermarkets and never made a secret of the fact because I like food, it’s one of my hobbies cooking and eating, it’s just done in a more controlled manner now that doesn’t cause me to continue to gain weight!  I want to spend less though, so I’m starting to plan more and think about using things up and not over buying on things that go off quickly, I will start buying more frozen vegetables I think, that’s one good way of ensuring they don’t go off and it’s cheaper.

My sister bought me a rice cooker yesterday, can’t wait to give that a go, according to the font of knowledge that is my brother “It's a cup of rice to two cups of water. How hard can it be” mmm good question, yet I still haven’t successfully managed to cook brown rice in a pan on the hob, so I shall take the rice cooker and enjoy playing with my new gadget and my brother can continue to be the next Gordon Ramsey!
If I get time, which I probably won’t today, I’m going to make these breakfast bars (45pp) total or completely F&H,

400g porridge oats.  (39pp)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt. (Optional)
200 grams skimmed milk (2pp)
2 beaten eggs (4pp)
2 grated apples
4 tablespoon sweetener
200g or more frozen blueberries
1 tsp vanilla essence.
Preheated oven 200c
8 x 8 square tin

Combine all wet ingredients then add to all the dry.  Bake for 35 - 45 minutes.


One of my members made it yesterday, she didn’t have enough blueberries so added strawberries and her effort looks tasty enough.  

Actually I might go throw it together today now, despite not having the time :) Yeah I will, I’m off to make breakfast bars, take care, Have a good day, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. Xx



No comments: