Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 26 January 2014

Food glorious food...



26th January 2014

Keep people in your LIFE that truly Love you, motivate you, encourage you, inspire you, enhance you and make you happy. 
I can’t believe it’s only been 4 weeks today since I was driving mom to the hospital in Wales; it seems such a long time again!  The good news, the appointment has come through for her surgery at the beginning of March, just over 5 weeks, let’s hope they fly by too and I can have my mom back feeling well.   I’m making Raspberry breakfast muffins this morning, I was making them anyway but now we can celebrate with them, it’s also a healthier way to have a sweet treat, it’ll be the first cake of 2014 for mom, she’s been eating extremely healthily and the only sweet she’s had comes from yogurts.  It’s amazing what you can do when it’s important enough to you isn’t it!

I’m cooking a proper Sunday roast dinner too, mmm, looking forward to eating that later, yesterday I opted for a big breakfast and a bacon casserole, only needed the two meals as my breakfast was so satisfying, this Filling & Healthy idea really does work, in that because I’m eating good food, I’m not hungry and I don’t crave the junk, normally if I’m sitting round chilling on a Saturday, I get a case of the lobster claws and sit thinking, ‘what can I eat’, that was one thought that never entered my head yesterday I’m glad to say despite there not being a descent film on to watch!

This was my Big Breakfast, love filling and healthy I do, even on ProPoints it would only be 13 and as it kept me going till 3pm, it was worth it;


My Bacon dinner was tasty, just layered chopped onions, bacon medallions, sliced potatoes and poured a jug of stock made with oxo cubes over, then cooked in oven covered in foil, removed foil to brown.  Very tasty indeed.
I had proper back bacon and cut the medallions out, then I fried the bits up separately and this is what they looked like;


6 tablespoons of fat, which set solid like lard later on, that’s why on the Simple Start/F&H plan we can only eat the medallions of the bacon!  Don’t get me wrong you can still eat fat, but you don’t want to be consuming it without even realising…

Interesting!  I’ve just googled ‘bacon fat’ and have found such conflicting beliefs about whether it’s good or bad for us, you can find that with most things you research regarding diet and health!  Personally I go with my own gut instinct, which is everything in moderation, and keeping it as natural as possible without being anal about it all, so yeah occasionally I’ll indulge in a ready meal or a cake that’s obviously full of “unnatural” ingredients, but the majority of my shopping list has a short ‘use by’ date because food isn’t supposed to keep forever!  Looking at my online shop yesterday most of it is natural, apart from the flavoured yogurt, I think it’s all good.
Shopping online is saving me money too, it’s getting cheaper every time I do it because I’m realising I don’t need so much food and I’m checking my cupboards first, yesterdays shop came from Morrison’s again,  but next weeks is coming from Waitrose!  Waitrose actually worked out cheaper and is free delivery on over £50 – you just wouldn’t think it would you, but because I was taking advantage of the offers there’s were better than Morrison’s this week.   I shall be trying them all out at some point I think, it’s much easier and quicker shopping from my desk.

Oh maaaannnnn just been to make a cuppa and get the flour out and it’s sell by date May 2013!  Now what …
Anyways, have a great day, I will get my muffins one way or another.

BeYOUtiful.




No comments: