Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 January 2014

#SimpleStart - I'm so busy, good job this SimpleStart is easy!


15th January 2014
A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.  Spanish Proverb 

Yesterday I was so glad I’d prepared food on Sunday as it meant I actually ate real, healthy food rather than grabbing something quick because Tuesdays are so busy and with mom not being 100% I’m doing that little bit more, silly things really that add to an already busy day, such as washing up, it’s just took 10 minutes, walking Alfie yesterday lunchtime took an hour – it also helped towards the 7pp I earned on my pedometer!  Then there’s putting the bins out this morning, that’s a task in itself isn’t it, so many bins, so little time ‘-)!  It’s already a crazy busy time of year without sorting all the different bins which are super full because I’ve had a sort out!
It’s all good though, I’m on top of it all and moms stable, she’s got a constant pain in her chest which can’t be pleasant, but she’s still here and breathing so she can cope with that! Her words not mine by the way.

Yesterdays menu looked like this;
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on Warburton brown thins
Dinner – Greek patties (recipe in WW F&H cookbook), Actifry chips & courgette, thin
Tea – curry sauce (recipe in WW F&H cookbook), I threw in a handful of cooked chicken, rice, mushrooms and broccoli.
 



 I was super hungry yesterday, hence the Warburton thin chip butty, I also had a handful of sliced ham whilst watching tele on the night, and indulged in a glass of the red stuff (only a glass) to ease my man flu symptoms, it worked I slept well despite Alfie waking me to go up the garden.  Four years old he was yesterday, can’t believe we’ve had him almost as long, it’s flown by, it really has.

Today’s another busy day and apart from the head cold, I‘m feeling good, eating good healthy food really has helped my energy levels and not having the treats (chocolate, crisps etc) in the house has taken away the temptation, we can’t have what isn’t there.  Last night when I could’ve eaten because I was genuinely hungry or maybe just tired there was only good food to go at, so wafer thin ham was my choice, which also actually filled me up and didn’t leave me wanting more.

Today’s menu is going to include another recipe from the F&H book, spaghetti Carbonara, not sure about tea yet, will try and sort it before I go to work this evening though as I know I’ll be ravenous when I get home (you’ve got to love being a woman and having an hormonal monthly cycle!).

I’ll be happy if I stay the same or lose a pound this week at the scales after my 5.5lb loss last week, that was just awesome and I know that those weight losses do not happen every week, it wouldn’t be a healthy way for us to lose weight if it did.  Slow and steady, healthy and happy works for me, I’m earning ProPoints on my pedometer, keeping them as a reserve just in case I need them, I haven’t needed them yet.  Only 2 days left of my Simple Start then I can decide whether to stick with Filling & Healthy or go with ProPoints, or flex – the choice will be mine.  
I did smile to myself this morning whilst reading a “debate” between a website host and some Weight Watcher leaders and consultants from the slimming club that shall not be named ;).  One of his comments and his solution was,

“people just need good food, in reasonable portions, and some exercise, to maintain a healthy life.”

Why didn’t we think of that! DOH we’d be at our perfect weight now if we had – aren’t we silly?!  Oh and if only the moon was made of cream cheese!  If only it was that easy ay, if only it was that simple to lose weight and keep it off.  If only it was that cut and dry most of the population would not have a weight problem!  

It isn’t weight issues aren’t just about food, they’re emotional too!  There’s so much more to being overweight than overeating.  I guess some people will just never understand and I for one am not willing to argue with them.  Personally I’ll continue to do what I do, support other like-minded people with their journey’s and congratulate anyone who’s managed to lose weight, get it under control, and maintain it however they did it and without judgement. 

I haven’t got time for arguments – I have bins to put out ;-)

Have a great day, EatGorgeous – BeYOUtiful and smile at them when they argue with you. Xx


No comments: