Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 19 January 2014

It's all about the red meat this weekend!



19th January 2014
Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before.  Karen Salmansohn



Hipbone Steak, new potatoes, vegetables and St Agur cheese sauce, now that’s a dinner!  It was my dinner yesterday and it was delicious, and only cost me 4pp from my weeklies for the sauce, Alfie got to eat the fat off the steak and I have to say it kept me satisfied for the rest of the day.  My weeklies have all gone now though, worth it as we had a lovely day, eating, drinking and chilling.  On track today, I’ve defrosted some chicken portions and will make a casserole I think, will defrost some beef and do a curry for tomorrow too, speaking of which the Indian cook booklet is now on my page for downloading;


For breakfast yesterday we had eggy crumpets, which are both F&H & SS (use 1pp from weeklies (or one treat) for cheese or omit the cheese). I could only manage 2!  Soak the crumpet in the egg mixture and then dry fry.  When you've put the crumpets in pan 'face up' pour any remaining mixture on top of it and then when the bottoms browned flip them over quickly and cook the other side, they were delicious, could add a dash of Worcestershire sauce to the egg mixture too.










I fancy this recipe I found in this month’s Morrisons magazine (I’ve amended it to be more weight loss friendly);

 Courgette and lemon spaghetti
12pp each or F&H using 2pp from weeklies & daily oil allowance.

400g wholewheat spaghetti (37pp)
2 lemons, zest only
3 large courgettes, grated
Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
70g parmesan (8pp)
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Spray oil (or 1tbsp – uses daily allowance on F&H or SS) (4pp for 1tbsp)
Pinch crushed chillies


  1. Cook spaghetti according to the pack instructions, until al dente.
  2. Meanwhile, fry the garlic in the oil for 3 minutes, until soft.  Add the chillies, lemon zest and courgette and continue to cook for 3-4minutes or until soft.
  3. Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan with the courgette.  Toss, add the parsley and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.

I’ve just remembered those burgers in the freezer, might have those today and the chicken tomorrow, I fancy burger and chips, will use Warburton thins as the bun, lots of lettuce, tomato and make my own ketchup, there is a recipe in the Simple Start book (p38) or here’s another one;

Ketchup – put 250g Passata in a small pan with 6tbsp tomato puree, a pinch of sweetener, 1tbsp red wine vinegar and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.  Stir and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.  Remove from the heat and leave to cool.

That’s my lunch sorted, mom’ll enjoy it too.

Right I’m going to make me a cuppa, everyone’s still asleep, but I’m cold, I’ve been awake for hours, stomach pains – the joys of being a woman!

Have a great day, I know I will. Xx

BeYOUtiful.

No comments: