Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 November 2013

Yay it's Saturday, Christmas comes early for me!

16th November 2013

Essentials of life – someone to love, something to do, something to look forward too.

Off to the theatre today to see Miracle on 34th Street, it’s my favourite Christmas movie ever and my mate has got us tickets, I’m just hoping the 2nd migraine tablet I’ve just taken finally sees off the 3/4 day head I’ve have going on, it started Wednesday teatime and has just lurked like an evil thing since!  Even my massage yesterday didn’t help at all which is a shame because she can usually make anything feel better, hey ho enough with the self-pity.

The positives of yesterday were I already had my dinner ready when I got back at teatime as I’d made the mash on the morning and the chicken casserole on Thursday, and I had an early night to try and see of this head so I stayed on track on a Friday night = Bonus!

I also come across a couple of food finds whilst out and about, pizza from the co-op  Goodfella’s Delizia, slow roasted tomatoes and mozzarella or chargrilled chicken, red peppers and pesto, both under 400 calories and work out at 10pp each (273g serving), or the Goodfella’s stonebaked thin ham & pineapple at 11pp for half the pizza (182g serving).  Why have I told you the serving weight you may be thinking, well that’s what we talked about in my meetings this week about how our bodies don’t recognise the calories in food only the volume of it, our bodies and brains register how much we’ve eaten rather than how many ProPoints or Calories.  On average, MOST people tend to eat the same volume of food every day.  Don’t get me wrong they’ll be the exception, even if it’s that one person who wants to prove me wrong ;) but overall, we roughly eat around 2kg in weight of food a day.   And usually the healthier and more filling a food is, the heavier it is too – so win/win!  Of course we’re always going to want a bit of what we fancy which is why we look for the food finds that are lower in ProPoints for similar things, these pizza’s being a great example. 


I also found marshmallow twisters (a cheap version of flumps) and they worked out at 1pp each or 9pp for a pack of 10, I do like a bit of marshmallow, I have to admit, but what makes me smile is the packet – look at it;


I know cute monsters on the front, that’s not what made me smile, nor the 69p price tag, what made me smile was the “less than 1% sugar” label on the front – really am I supposed to be impressed by that! It’s only fat free because it’s made of syrup and sugar!  Not forgetting that E129 that may have an adverse affect on activity and attention in children (yep that’s written on the packet!) so do share them which your kids keep them for yourself :) Oh I had them from Poundstretchers by the way.

Joking aside don’t be fooled with label claims of fat free etc, be aware of what you’re eating, at the same time what you eat is your choice.  Some people live their lifes eating a very diet, others are vegetarians, it’s an individual choice and as long as you’re willing to take the consequences, you do what works for you.  I eat mostly healthy, but now and again I like a bit of rubbish, I won’t buy flumps again for a very, very long time, and I only ate 2 of those.

I do fancy a trip to Penkridge market this morning, I got talking to a lady at the Chi Rooms yesterday who has a stall there today selling Damson Gin and the like, oh and alcoholic fruit covered in chocolate!  WOW I know it’s not exactly Weight Watchers food and drink but Christmas is almost here and all that sounds lush, might be other Christmas type stuff to pick up too.  I’ll see how this head feels in an hour or so, and then decide ;)

Before I go, I thought I’d share a photo I woke up to this morning from a member on Facebook, she took her BeYOUtiful Button (renamed her Jenson btw) for a night out last night, we knew it was going to get messy, and apparently it was taken into custody by this gentleman! ;-)
Have a great day all, EatGorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx



  




No comments: