Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Oops, the scales went Up!



27th November 2013
Not only is women’s work never done – the definition keeps changing!


Oh well it appears it’s official Bailey’s and Maltesers make my belly grow!   My not so great week has resulted in a two pound gain at the scales, the second one in a fortnight, so that 4lb I worked on losing has gone back on much easier.  And that is how easy weight gain is, it’s also why I’m a Weight Watcher because left to my own devices, I’d gain and gain and gain, I need to keep myself under control and aware of the scales because ignorance for me doesn’t lead to bliss. 

Okay this week it was mostly the fault of the Bailey’s and Maltesers, why the 2lb gain the week before you may be thinking – well….. daft as it sounds, one of the reasons was because my kitchen scales were taken and used in all my meetings therefore they were in the car and I wasn’t using them to weigh or measure anything, whereas usually I use them to weigh EVERYTHING, even my wine!  I realise without my scales, my portion sizes grow which is why they’re now back out on the side.  That 4lb will be gone before I leave for my Christmas break, I’m making that promise to myself.

Now here’s the first glitch, I’ve promised my two helpers I’ll make them cheese and potato pie for their tea today, and I’m thinking ooo that’s a lot of ProPoints and it certainly isn’t F&H, so what shall I do.  How easy is it to think, ‘sod it’ I’ll just start tomorrow?  But tomorrow never comes then does it because there’s always something else stopping your progress.  Instead I will make the pie, using

350g cheese = 40pp
1kg potato 21pp
Total = 61pp

This will serve at least 6 good portions at 10pp each or use 7pp from my weeklies if I decide to make today a F&H which I might because then I can have my baked beans with it as a F&H option!  Start the day with scrambled eggs and there you go a perfect day of scrumptiousness and comfort food.  It’ll mean going without my daily glass of vino but I can live with that, on this occasion the pie is higher on my ‘want it’ list!

Depending on how I feel later I actually might have the pie with vegetables instead of beans, as I’ve got a cauliflower in the fridge needs using, it’ll make for a very ‘white’ coloured meal but I can’t bear waste and that cauli need using!

Oh man I haven’t got time for this messing about on the pc but I’ve just found a fab recipe for Cauliflower and Almond Madras on the Weight Watchers esource, wonder if I have the time to make that today?

Anyway, whatever I have I’m on track for a weight loss next week, the only time I’m eating out is Sunday lunch at a conference, however I’ll be stuck on a coach for half the day and in a conference for hours so I won’t exactly be overeating/drinking for the rest of the time and I’m guessing as soon as I get home I’ll be going to sleep!

My members lost 124lb yesterday, Julie received her 50lb weight loss certificate and Emily got her gold membership having lost just over 5 stone – this is my motivation, if these amazing people can lose weight at this time of year when life is throwing stuff at them left, right and centre then I can get this 4lb off before I start celebrating Christmas.

What’s your plan to stay in control today?  Do you have one?

Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful and know it’s really worth the effort, because you are. xx

No comments: