Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 November 2013

When life give you lemons - make a meringue!

7th November 2013
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. Carl Rogers
 
Well my body clock has lost all sense of time 3am, yeah 3am I woke and I haven’t gone back to sleep so working out that I’ve managed almost 6 hours sleep and I don’t feel tired I’ve got up, I may as well be productive and start my day, I can hopefully catch up on sleep at the weekend if I need to. 
I was tidying up in my office yesterday when I came across a letter a member has sent to Weight Watchers a while ago, it’s a fab read https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151980438637351&set=a.10150431053852351.391442.133361767350&type=1&theater
Hoping that will work and take you to the letter so you can have a smile this morning if you haven’t already read it.
Yesterday was a really good day, I had a smashing text message from a member who’d been to my meeting on the morning sharing her none scale victory;
 
Then on the night a young lady who I hadn’t seen for about 7 years walked into my meeting, I don’t do the meeting she used to go to anymore and she’d tracked me down :0), it was lovely to see her again, last time I saw her she was 16, now she’s all grown up!
 
Food wise, I had a delicious breakfast of bite size shredded wheat with pineapple, banana and lemon Quark, it’s delicious, then I had a lazy lunch, stir fried veg, chicken and a jacket potato, for tea I had a chicken salad sandwich, enjoyed it though.  Sometimes it’s nice not to think too much about food, and I’ve got so much to do in my office this week, I’ve not really got time to spend ages in the kitchen.  Need to check the fridge for sell-by dates today though and get stuff used up!
 
 
 
 
Back to the Quark, one of my mates made this lemon meringue from the lemon quark last night,

she followed the recipe below, but I’m guessing maybe you don’t need to use the lemon if its already in the quark, depends how lemony you want it.  Serves 4 at 3pp each, or it’s a F&H recipe too.
 
Lemon Meringue
 
300 g Cheese, Quark, or low fat soft cheese   
1 medium Lemon, rind grated and juice   
3 medium (raw) Egg, whole, separated   
4 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener, powdered   
 

·       Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
·       Beat the Quark or low fat soft cheese in a bowl to make it smooth and creamy. Add lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbsp of powdered sweetener. Share between 4 small heatproof dishes or ramekins. Stand on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
·       Meanwhile, whip egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they hold their shape. Whisk in remaining powdered sweetener.
·         Remove desserts from oven and pile meringue on top. Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes, until golden brown.
 
Right, as I’m up early and my brain isn’t working 100% yet, I think coffee is in order, then I’ll crack on with my office paperwork and I might get an hour at lunchtime to actually think about cooking something!  In truth it’s not time stopping me this week, it’s the inclination, I just don’t’ wanna cook if I’m honest!  I’m on track though, just not cooking so much, on a plus side, I’ve not had any junk or processed food for nearly two weeks.
 
Here’s to a fab day, can you believe it’s Friday already tomorrow!
 
Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful because you’re worth it. xx
 

No comments: