Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 4 November 2013

reading, eating, sleeping - the good life :)

4th November 2013
The first and most important step toward success is the expectation that we can succeed. Nelson Boswell
I’ve been awake a couple of hours but I decided to stay in bed and read, started a book this morning and I’m already at Chapter 7 and for the first time in a long time I actually wanted to stay there and carry on reading, it’s a real page turner!  I’ll make sure I get back to it later, have an hour in the bath maybe, not my usual kind of read, I likes the happy only me as I’m easily scared and don’t like violence, but The Ghost House by Helen Phifer is keeping my attention and I want to finish it as soon as possible, might not get much done today!

Yesterday I made a delicious spaghetti meal, using wholemeal spaghetti (60g dried each – 6pp), mushrooms, red pepper, onion, spinach and bacon medallions (3 = 2pp) and a little oil (1tsp = 1pp or 1tbsp = 4pp).  It was a Filling and Healthy meal too using the daily oil allowance, absolutely delicious, boiled spaghetti, fried everything else up and the flavours together were just delicious, I’d be happy to eat that without the bacon to be honest, it wasn’t necessary.  Maybe top it with a bit of parmesan or add a little butter to the cooking for an alternative flavour, or garlic salt would be nice.  Ooo I do love food ;), I’ve followed Filling & Healthy all week, it’s been good for me for a change to not have to concern myself with weighing and measuring, I did check my spaghetti yesterday and bizarrely I’d actually automatically put 120g of dried spaghetti in the pan for two of us, so my handle on portion sizes has certainly improved over the years!  I wouldn’t want to do it all the time though as I do enjoy the odd ready meal and there’s no way I’d use my weeklies for that, they’re for wine!
We went to do a little shopping yesterday, so glad I don’t buy lots of Christmas presents, it’s just too expensive, two I buy for two kids, they’re bought and ready.  It was vile walking round shops yesterday, mom is a nightmare, she walks round telling everyone their rude and commented how expensive EVERYTHING was and she didn’t want any of it.  You gotta love a crazy opinionated old lady ;) then I’d got a savvy 9 year old working out the best way to fleece me whilst making it appear to be my idea – yeah staying away from shops I think for the foreseeable, I’m a compulsive spender, I love to see people smile when they open a present and that puts me in danger of buying way to much!   I did treat myself on itunes yesterday though, Eminem’s new album and Skylar Grey’s album ‘Don’t look down’ and ‘the buried sessions’ great voice, just listening to her now, love her original version of ‘love the way you lie’.
Anyways, short and sweet today, I’ve got a book to get back too!  Have a great day, looking sunny out there so go and shine :-) Eat Gorgeous & as always BeYOUtiful.    Oh and if you’ve ever wished you had a BeYOUtiful button?  Don't miss this week’s meeting, I'm handing them out!

No comments: