Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 November 2013

A Mars a day helps you work, rest & play - WATEVA!



25th November 2013 

It’s funny how everybody considers honesty to be a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth.

After a week of not tracking and not being too fussed about my food choices, today is the day I’ll be getting back on track, I’m thinking filling and healthy today because I’ve just noticed eggs and crumpets in the kitchen, that’ll be a good start with some spinach maybe, we’ll see, by the time I finished the crumpets might not make the plate because I have to admit unless they’re covered with butter, I’m not really a fan!  So maybe bacon medallions, tomatoes, mushrooms and eggs instead, ooo even baked beans.

 (I re-sealed, mom didn't!)

Yes I haven’t gone crazy this week, I just haven’t counted and tracked, and I will admit there has been Bailey’s and Maltesers involved!  Maltesers, well they’re the devils work aren’t they, I don’t care if they have a halo about the Malteser, and I don’t care if they are marketed as ‘The lighter way to enjoy chocolate!’ it used to be “the honeycombed middle that weighs so little”, the truth is they have more saturated fat in them than a Mars bar!  Maltesers have 14pp per 100g, Mars bar has 12pp per 100g, and a Mars bar will help you work rest and play!  NO IT WON’T, that too is a marketing gimmick ;-)  I have to admit though I’d be hard pushed to eat 2 x 58g (14pp) of Mars Bar, whereas eating a 135g bag (19pp) Maltesers wasn’t difficult at all!

Don’t be fooled by advertising there isn’t a lighter way to enjoy chocolate and certainly don’t listen to the producers of Maltesers they have ‘fun’ size bags, I mean what’s fun about putting 11 Maltesers in a bag for you to eat – nothing I tell ya, nothing at all, eating all ten bags inside the big bag would be fun but not a little individual bag of 11 chocolate balls! 

And just for those who try to play the system remember your body records everything you consume whether you count it or track it or not then the scales let you know the results.  So yes if I put one Malteser on my Weight Watcher kitchen scales and type in the nutritional information from the packet, it will not register as any ProPoints so therefore it’s ‘zero’ or ‘FREE’ as seems to be a very popular word in the diet world, however we all know if we keep weighing and eating those ‘free zero’ Maltesers throughout the day/week the body is registering it ready for the scales to report it on weigh day!

A great example of how we trick ourselves is when we have two slices of 2pp bread  and recording it as 4pp knowing full well if we were to weigh them they’d be 5pp, or how about that cheese we grate to put on the sandwich we wanted 4pp but we’ve weighed 5pp worth, so we remove that 1pp of cheese to get the scales to say four, but now what are we going to do with the 1pp of cheese that’s in our hand, is it going back in the cheese packet, it’s there between your fingers, there’s no one in the kitchen, no one can hear you scream ;) so does it go back in the packet or is it popped in your mouth and not tracked! 

Oh yes it’s amazing what I’ve done as a member to make sure my tracker added up to my daily allowance at the end of the day and that I didn’t have to use my weeklies, I’ve even hidden sauce underneath something on my plate so it isn’t obvious it’s there so I don’t have to track it.  Who am I trying to food, baked beans are 2pp for 3 tablespoons, not 4tbsps or ½ tin, I’ve seen lots of photos with copious beans spread across the plate and it’s only 2pp, or a fried egg which obviously came out of a ‘large’ box and has definitely been fried in fat of some sort because the outside is all crispy and nice but apparently it’s only 2pp for the egg, erm no, it’s 3pp for a large egg and at least 1pp for a teaspoon of oil, probably more! 

Then there’s alcohol, Bailey’s the devil of the alcoholic world, it’s 2pp for a 25ml pub measure, that’s not too bad if you have it over ice and it’s the only drink you have that round, however it’s 10pp for a 100ml home measure!  And if you drink the 70cl bottle, that’s gonna set you back 68pp, or 97pp for the litre bottle! 

I’m not judging because I’ve done all of these cheats, I still do occasionally, all I’m pointing out is, if this is you, realise it and accept it, then if you don’t get that weight loss your tracker says you deserve, you’ll have a clue as to why not!

Let’s make this week, honest tracking week, write it all down, do it on paper, impress your leader at the scales next week with a 100% honest, on track piece of evidence that you know before you even step on those scales, you’re going to have a weight loss!  Deal?  I’m in – are you?



No comments: