Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 November 2013

My meetings are full of sucess and smiles - makes me a happy leader!

13th November 2013
"If you don't like the way your world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time."

It may be November but it feels a little like January in my meetings which I think means I’ve finally cracked it and my members realise weight loss is for life not just for Christmas.  When I first became a leader my classes were very seasonal, people would pile in January, Easter, September however over the years I’d like to take credit for helping my members realise there is no quick fix, stop/starting doesn’t work and once you get to goal you start another journey and so yesterday my meeting talk was to a full room of happy, enthusiastic gorgeous BeYOUtiful individuals, all doing their best to take care of themselves despite everything that life throws at them and boy does it throw some stuff their way!  3 lovely ladies achieved their goal weights yesterday which is always something lovely to celebrate, because it takes time to get there and a lot of self care.  The last two weeks I’ve been celebrating all success, I’ve taken photos of those willing to have their photo taken to show we all have our own journey, it’s about being your own kind of BeYOUtiful, realising your own Awesomeness and Uniqueness because we all have it, I love all my members because they are all amazing.  Take Tracey for example, she’s the mother of
5 (her husband has to work damn hard to feed that lot ;-) ), she also cares for her parents who live with her and she lost 3 stone with me – five years ago and she’s kept it off, yes it’s fluctuated a little but having just returned from a ten day all
inclusive holiday where her mission was to have anything and everything she wanted, she’d gained 6lb and was still within her goal range – I think you’ll agree, that’s pretty damn amazing, she looks fantastic in her holiday bikini shots!  Then there’s Julie and Vicky who became my members earlier this year after years of yo-yo dieting, and together we agreed this was the last time and they were with me forever even after they get to their goal, Vicky’s lost 18lb, Julie 35lb both survived the 6 week holidays where they normally would have taken a ‘diet break’ and gained, instead they maintained through the summer.  Louisa goes on holiday this week, a Carribean Cruise, wow can you imagine how much fun that’ll be – she joined me in January after enjoying the same cruise followed by Christmas and since them she’s lost 5 stone, she said yesterday that she’ll be much more comfortable on the aeroplane this year!
It’s never too late to make a difference, two ladies joined last Tuesday morning and this week they’d both lost 6lb – WOW, what a fab start and if they lose 1lb a week now till Christmas, they’ll be celebrating 11 or 12lb lighter, that’s much better than putting it off till January and gaining half stone or more. 
Yeah I’m a big believer in being aware of your behaviour, not ignoring it and hoping a miracle will happen.  All this weight loss success is just fabulous, yet it’s members like the lady (I won’t say her name) in my facebook group who posted “Not having a good day... Can't do this” now she is amazing, because that ‘stuff’ that life throw at you, well it’s been full force for her over the last few years, but despite a lot of bad days, she’s still here, doing it, trying to take care of herself because she knows deep down it’s important just like she is.  Then my other members in that group who are there within minutes supporting her and spurring her own are just remarkable too.  We may be a Weight Watcher group of members who keep in touch via a facebook group but I’d say it’s turned us into a team that’s there to help each other succeed.    One great comment made on her post was,
You have to ask yourself what is a bad day? Is there such a thing or is it just life? Find what the trigger might be, then adjust how you deal with it.  Also move more to gain some of the points you've used up.”:-)
Yeah great point, are bad days just part of life, of course they are so they’re not going to change so we have to change how we react to them.  What is a bad day anyway – it’s different for everyone, I used to stress if I went over my ProPoints allowance, now I smile to myself and silently say ‘oops’ and move on.  I love myself, forgive myself and take care of myself to the best of my ability – you can’t really do much more than that.
Have a great day knowing you are BeYOUtiful, eat gorgeous and always take care of you. 
Don’t stress it, I once read that stress is the result of taking ourselves/life etc way too seriously, in a year, 5 years from today, how much of this will really matter. Xx  
Have a good day.
 
When you feel like quitting - remind yourself why you started (Left me in 2003 I wasn't a happy lady as you can see, now I may have gone from a size 20-12 but I've gained a smile which means so much more than the numbers xx )
 

No comments: