Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 31 July 2013

What do you look like!

31st July 2013
Laugh until your belly hurts & then just laugh a bit more!
Weight loss is such an emotive subject isn’t it, and yesterday in more ways than one reinforced that belief for me, can you imagine walking up to a complete stranger in the street and saying, “look at the state of you, sort it out!”  What you thinking right now?
Personally I hope you’d be a bit shocked at the suggestion and wouldn’t even contemplate it, yet how many of you look in the mirror and say or think it about yourself?  How many of you give yourself a really hard time over your appearance and your body? 
Whose fault is it that you’re overweight? 
Should we actually be laying blame anywhere, should we be judging ourselves and others on weight problems?
Sometimes being overweight can be an external sign that not everything is great in that person’s life at this time.  Sometimes being overweight can be as simple as that person likes food a little too much, or that they lack the food education to know which choices to make.  It may be that they’re financially strapped at the moment and the cheaper foods aren’t the healthiest foods.  Should anyone be judged because of any of those reasons?  I don’t think so!
There are lots of reasons a person gains weight, heck you could even blame W H Smith for offering you a bar of chocolate every time you go in their to buy a magazine!  It’s easier to say yes to something than it is to say no, especially when that something is going to give you instant gratification, after all we’re pleasure seeking creatures!
It’s not easy to change the habits of a lifetime, if you’ve spent most of your life being critical of your appearance, then suddenly loving and embracing the skin your in isn’t as easy as it should be.   I believe we judge our own appearance much more than others, yesterday I wore a knee length skirt and had bare legs to work, something I never do, one reason being because I used to be very self conscious of my legs and got into the habit of not wearing them, yet my helper told me, she thought that length suited me more than my longer skirts.  I did of course get the “Oh you’ve got legs” comment from about a quarter of my members, now a few years ago that would’ve been the reason I didn’t start wearing the knee lengths, or the reason I wouldn’t have put one on again because I wouldn’t have wanted so much attention drawing to it, however yesterday I was okay about it.  Have my legs changed?  No of course them haven’t, my mindset has, I’ve realised they’re just legs, okay they’re not supermodel legs I’m a good foot too short for that but they’re my legs and the suit the rest of my body!
The meeting discussion yesterday was so emotional, for me it’s was what Weight Watchers is all about, that group support, everyone contributing, sharing each others successes and setbacks, boosting each others morale.  I’m so very lucky to have such wonderful people in my meetings, I would never get to know this many amazing people if I wasn’t a Weight Watcher leader, and what’s even better is I get to tell them how gorgeous they are and also to try to get them to see it too.
So just for today lose the judgment, whether it’s towards yourself or others, someone’s appearance doesn’t really tell you all you need to know about that person
You absolutely can change your appearance if you wish to but you don’t need to in order to be a better person, our actions and behaviours are what make us.  If you want to lose weight Eat Gorgeous, BeYouTiful and realise you are already a very special person because a bit of self love goes a very long way. xx

No comments: