Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Right pain in the neck this morning!

17th July 2013
Love what you do and do what you love.  Ray Bradbury
 
 
Well I’ve a right pain in the neck this morning and for once I don’t mean Alfie, although he did have me up three times in the night to go outside!  Nope I actually mean my neck, yesterday morning was spent at the hospital having tests on a lump in my neck, the good news is it appears benign although it will need to come out, the bad news is it hurts like a bitch since he prodded it with needles yesterday to take samples.  I had lots of blood tests taken last week too and it appears everything there is present and correct too, my thyroid, my kidneys and believe it or not my liver is fine ;-) despite my wine ;-).  I’ll just wait now to hear from the hospital about the ultrasound which they couldn’t do yesterday because it wasn’t available and the appointment to have it removed.
 
I did get to my meetings last night though and we all agreed that we can’t be bothered with cooking in this weather, so salads seem to be a great idea, but a few of us have been settling for sandwiches and that’s where the danger can kick in.  On my way to my meeting on night I stopped at the garage to get a bottle of ‘cold’ water and it was £1.05 or for £3 I could have a meal deal, so not really thinking I just grabbed a chicken sandwich and a bag of Tesco finest cheese and onion crisps thinking mom can have them.  14pp the sandwich was and 6pp for the crisp – OUCH!  If I’d had 500ml bottle of Coca Cola (6pp) instead of water, that would take that meal deal to 26pp which is my entire daily allowance in a meal! OUCH!
We need to remember just because it’s hot we can’t catch the “can’t be bothered” bug because we don’t want to do anything that takes effort, we just want to sit up the garden and enjoy it!  If the forecast is to be believed we’re in for a scorching summer so we need to ‘BE BOTHERED’ otherwise it’ll undo all our hard work, and I’m talking about myself here too, I’ve lived on sandwiches all weekend really, so this morning I’m off to Asda to get some easy to prepare food for the rest of the week. 
 
6pp for a packet of crisps, wowser, they weren’t even that good if I’m honest, we shared them and I’d have rather had a packet of Weight Watcher smoky bacon bakes for 2pp, it’s all about making the switches, if you want an ice cream have a Walls twister for 2pp, or they do the mini ones for 1pp, you just want something cold and sweet and I’m sorry but a 99 off the ice cream van can set you back 10pp or more depending on the size and what you have on it!
 
To be healthy and happy you have to be bothered, you have to put some effort in if you want to look and feel good.
 
Here’s a recipe that was recommended to me yesterday, I have to say it does sound delicious;
Summer Chicken - 5pp  
 
10 mins prep, 25 min cooking time
Calorie controlled cooking spray
150g skinless boneless chicken breast
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
25g half fat crème fraîche
10g low fat pesto
A lemon wedge
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
A few basil leaves to serve
 
Spray a non stick frying pan with the cooking spray.  Season the chicken breast and add to the pan cover over a medium heat for about 20-25 minutes, turning often, until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
 
Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.  Add the crème fraîche and pesto, season, stir to combine, and squeeze over the lemon.  Serve immediately, garnished with the fresh basil leaves.
 
Yep it does sound good and worth the effort, if you really can’t be bothered to cook, why not buy some cooked chicken and have a nice big salad, you could have it stuffed in a pitta bread or a Warburtons square wrap.
 
Right I’m off to walk Alfie, so I can get my paperwork done this morning which means I can have a walk round Asda or Morrisons at lunchtime, depending on whether I want to drive that bit further – can I be bothered!
 
Here’s to another glorious day, it’s got to be better than yesterday for me which started with a camera up my nose and down my throats and needles in my neck lol, yep it’s got to be better than that.
 
Remember EatGorgeous however much effort you put into it, feed you soul, not just your belly!
 
 

No comments: