Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 July 2013

Getting fruity!

11th July 2013
 
See each sunrise as a gift with a 24 hour expiration - then make the most of it.
 
This week in meetings we’ve been getting fruity ;0) and last night Pam one of my members challenged me to eat 5 x 80g portions of fruit a day for the next week, therefore I’m passing the challenge on to you!  Now I don’t really eat fruit so this will be a massive challenge I have to admit, I bought a punnet of strawberries, cherries and blueberries on Tuesday and they’re still in the fridge, I’ve eaten a few of the strawberries and that’s it.
I will have to make a real effort to remember as I’m not one for snacking; today I think I’ll start with porridge and blueberries that’ll be one down, four to go.  I’ll need to go shopping and get some more, I’m thinking bananas they’re an easy on, I might also get some fruit in tins; I loves pineapple when I can be bothered to do it.  I’ve just done a search and found this list of potential fruits.
 
Fruits A to Z:
 
A: Apples, Apricots, Aubergine (yes a fruit!), Avocado (not zero ProPoints!)
B: Boysenberries, Blueberries, Bananas
C: Cherries, Cantaloupe, Crab apples, Clementine
D: Dates, Dewberries, Dragon Fruit
E: Elderberry
F: Fig (only fresh ones are zero ProPoints)
G: Grapes, Gooseberries, Guava
H: Honeydew melon
I: Don’t know any!
J: Juniper berry
K: Kiwi, Kumquat
L: Lemon, Lychee
M: Mandarin Orange, Mango, Mulberry, Melon
N: Nectarine, Navel Orange
O: Oranges
P: Persimmon, Paw Paw,  Pear, Peach, Pomegranate
Q: Quince
R: Raspberries
S: Star Fruit, Strawberries
T: Tangerine, Tomato
U: Ugli Fruit
V: ??
W: Watermelon
X: ?
Y: Yellow Passion Fruit
Z: Zuchinni (technically a fruit, courgettes they call them in the UK)
I’ve loved some of the suggestions we’ve had in meetings of how to include fruit into your day and I will be trying some for sure, this is what I love about meetings, all those like minded people coming up with fantastic ideas and sharing them with each other, it’s just brilliant.  Be great if we can keep the ideas coming and share photos of your dishes on Facebook.  Check out some of these photos;


 
Of course I don’t expect you to come up with stuff like this (unless you want to), I would just like to see how you’re including your fruit in your day because it’ll help me too.
 
Right it’s Thursday, my busiest day of the week, I’m a bit because I can’t sleep in this heat, I wish I had a banana I’d make a coffee smoothie to start my day and give me some umph ;)
 
Have a fabulous day, remember life is for living, laughing and loving. 

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Brilliant article, I'm impressed you managed to name so many fruits! I struggled a bit.