Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 July 2013

BeYouTiful we are xxx

13th July 2013
There is always something to be grateful for even when life is hard and times are tough.
I love how my body tells my story, I was sitting in the garden yesterday with mom having a giggle over something silly, when I noticed a scar on my calf and remembered the day I set my home office on fire, it made me laugh out loud, unlike the day it happened! I remember going to my meeting with a plastic bag covering my burnt hand. I'd also dropped my trousers that day in a room full of firemen because they'd melted onto my legs, that's my excuse anyways.

This started me thinking, I have my best scar on my forehead above my eye, not many people seem to notice it these days, but that scar changed my life. It's where I landed when I fell out of the bedroom window - as you do! I was 4 and jumping off the window sill onto the bed, my sister told me to get down and went to reach for me not realising the window wasn't properly closed, I leant back and well you know what happened next! From that accident, years later I developed epilepsy but that's another story, it strengthened my character and helped me appreciate life and everything about it, contributed massively towards the person I am today.

I also have a small scar under my nose where I was unfortunate to be on the end of an angry woman and a pint glass in a pub when I was 16 - I know I shouldn't have even been in the pub but.... She got 12 months and I got compensation which bought me a motorbike - another lesson there - I can't ride motorbikes well!

there are quite a few scars on my bum too ;) yes I was a foolish teen, a friend took a photo of me sitting on the loo one night when we were out so a few weeks I thought it would be a good idea to do the same. She was faster than me and shut the door before I had time so me thinking I was the clever one (I wasn't!) I climbed on the toilet in the next cubicle thinking I could take an aerial shot ;). I couldn't reach so stood on the cistern and it collapsed smashing the toilet! I landed on top of broken ceramic and there was lots of blood! The pub wasn't too impressed either they had to turn all the water and pumps off - I wasn't beat popular that night, I was sober too, we'd only just gone out!

I also have a small scar on my boob where at 18 I had a lump was removed that wasn't malignant thankfully.

I also have a lump at the front of my ankle which constantly reminds me I ignore things and keep going, my ankle starting hurting a few years ago when I got into rollerskating but I ignored it and met my mate for a 2 hour walk on the chase the next day I ignored it again in favour of a 5 hour walk with my bro and mates then I couldn't walk properly for months but we had a good time.

So the next time you look in the mirror, see your story not the flaws, see the love that's come from and been given back.

You're marvellous you know, you just don't always realise it xx
I spent my twenties wanting to change the size and shape of my body, I did and I still wasn’t happy with it, a spot would have sent me into turmoil, not these days, last Monday I had a lump appear on my forehead that looked like I was about to grow a unicorn horn and I just wasn’t fussed – it must be an age thing.  These days instead of trying to ‘change’ my body I work on keeping it healthy, if it moves without too much pain I’m over the moon, if it keeps me moving then it’s good enough for me because I’ve realised I’m BeYouTiful and I’m glad to be a Happy Owl.
Enjoy the sunshine, don’t use it as an excuse not to take care of yourself, a little overindulgence is fun too much isn’t good for you long term – you know that. xx
 

No comments: