Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 16 July 2013

A long hot summer - yes please!

16th July 2013
 “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.”  Walter Elliot
 
The heat wave is set to continue according to the news, it could beat the summer of 1976, wowzers we’re long overdue for a good one that’s for sure, how long before they ban hosepipes and have a water shortage I wonder!
I for one am absolutely loving it; I spent yesterday in the back garden painted the last two fence panels, I then went for a wander round the garden centre and came back with more pretties ;) I need to stay away for a while now, I don’t want to but my bank balance is saying that would be wise, also I’m going to run out of spare!  Watering it all is keeping my arms toned because I’m doing it with a watering can, so saving water and getting fit at the same time.
I’m yawning a bit this morning, sleeping is not so easy in this weather and I have to admit it was passed my bedtime before I realised because it doesn’t feel like night when the sky’s still light does it. 
And I failed again with my fruit challenge, I just forget and when I remember I don’t really want fruit or anything, once I’m in my garden I don’t really think about eating, I didn’t eat much at all yesterday ham salad sandwich and a packet of Weight Watcher bakes was my main meal and this morning will be the same because I’m at the hospital for tests, gonna miss my meetings this morning but I’ll be there tonight for my meeting fix, seems weird not rushing to get ready for work, but I’ve still got to get it all ready for later, actually I have just realised I have got to rush because I’m on the same time scales, my brothers picking me up at the same time I’d go to work so I better stop messing about!
Just a thought, are you drinking plenty of water, I’ve stopped yawning now I’ve drunk my first pint, we really need to be drinking plenty, it’s so easy to get dehydrated in this weather, I know it’s not the same but I had to top our pond up yesterday it’d gone down by a good 4 inches because of the weather so it just shows the effect the sun has!
So today we’ll add a challenge I know I can do, drink at least 2 litres of water, I’ve already done a 1/3rd of a litre, I’ll take a bottle out with me to remind me.
Right I’m off, dog to walk, appointment to keep, feeling positive and healthy so I’m not too concerned about these tests, got to admit not looking forward to them though, a needle in the lump or the ‘flexible nasoendoscopy” (aka telescope down my throat via my nostril!) at least the ultrasounds will be painless!
Just because I’ve failed with the fruit challenge doesn’t mean you have too, you can show me how it should be done!  Yep be Healthy & Happy – Eat Gorgeous and make me proud xx

No comments: