Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 December 2012

A valid reason for a Maccy D's!

5th December 2012
 
The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
 
5.20am and relieved, last night after my meeting my car wouldn’t start so I ended up waiting for the Green Flag recovery man for an hour, it was a long, cold hour!   When he arrived he sorted it quickly, I need a new battery, I asked if my car would start in the morning and he said it might if I was to drive round for half hour before going home to charge it, so that’s what I did.  By now I am cold and very hungry, it’s 9.15pm and I’ve not eaten since 1pm, so the only solution was to drive to Macdonalds – hear me out!  I didn’t have to turn the engine off to go to Mac D’s I could use the drive thru and order, so I did indulge in a Big Mac, fries and hot chocolate and it was what can only be described as amazing, the chips were steaming hot and the burger fresh and I sat on the car park and devoured it in my ravenous state.   I sat there eating relieved that this had happened now and not on the day we drive to Wales in a few weeks or worse half way there!  Always a positive! Then I came home about 10pm and went to bed, fell asleep and dreamed all night about my car breaking down, quite an energetic night of pushing cars and walking lol!   
 
So when my alarm did go off at 5am this morning, I made a cup of tea and nipped out to see if my car would start because otherwise I had to make alternative plans for work this morning and YAY it did, I can hear its engine purring right now as it’s warming up on my garden, I shall leave it for half hour, the doors are locked and the gates closed so its safe from car thieves, they’d make that much noise trying to open our noisy gates I’d be down there in seconds! Lol  
 
So I can now get to work, then go get battery sorted afterwards, bonus!
 
My ‘seasoned with love’ tale got a few responses yesterday, tis a beautiful story isn’t it, one lady emailed me to say how she misses here mum terribly every day but how lucky she was to have had such a beautiful person in her life for so long and although she didn't have a box she showered me with so many special memories etc.  How beautiful.   She went on to say how the festive season is proving to be hard this year and how horrendous it was when she went into town Sunday to do some shopping. People were pushing, shoving and racing round to get that special gift for their loved ones, getting stressed if they couldn't get what they wanted, and that she was guilty of it too!

But When you step back and think about it:-

We don't have to wait until December 25th to show people we care! No trees, no decorations needed really. It can be Christmas every day if we want it to be! We can give the best gift every day. We can give smiles, time, patience, advice, friendship but most of all love!

She finished by saying she had some more shopping to do again that day and whilst everyone around her is frantically running around she would just be thinking about that red box and smiling!
 
I thought that was fabulous and I have to agree, don’t wait for Christmas day to be generous, caring and loving, you can do that anytime.  This is the first Christmas I’m celebrating in a good few years, not because I’m a bah humbug but because we’ve gone away from the craziness and enjoyed a rest, when there aren’t children in the house, it isn’t as magical.  That doesn’t mean I haven’t bought people gifts, I do that throughout the year when I see something I know they’ll like, but it isn’t even about gifts, I try to be kind, generous and loving as much as I can.  Don’t get me wrong, I have my moments, I love a good rant, but I do try to be as caring as I possible can, patience is something I truly try to practice because I don’t believe anyone is deliberately annoying, well except my eldest brother ;-)
 
On that note I’m going to turn my engine off, I’m not sure if you can leave them running too long!  Busy day for me now, 3 meetings and a visit to the garage in between, it’ll all get done though, and paperwork can always wait till tomorrow if need be.
 
Be nice xx
 

No comments: