Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 30 September 2012

Doughnuts not deprivation!

30th September 2012

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. Lance Armstrong
Apparently women are powerfully connected to the moon's cycles, and this weekend is a harvest moon the FULL Moon closest to the autumnal Equinox and one of the most powerful of the year.  It’s a good time to let go of the old repetitive patterns that no longer serve you, and deeply open up to new experiences that support all of your NEW choices and opportunities to love more FULLY in the world.  True or not, worth a go I reckon don’t you!

I’m constantly working on changing for the better, it’s the only guaranteed constant isn’t it change, whether we like it or not.  One of the biggest changes I’ve made over the years is not having something to eat as soon as I fancy it!  I realised if I do then I’m never going to stay at an acceptable weight for me.  Being a Weight Watcher leader food is a constant conversation, members are always telling me what they’ve eaten, sometimes it’s because they feel the need to confess, other times it’s because they’ve enjoyed a recipe or meal and want to share their knowledge.  I leave every meeting with at least one idea of something I want to try, which gave me the idea of a ‘to eat’ list a bit like a ‘to do’ list, instead of going home and having it that same day, I added it to the list of things to eat at some time in the near future.  So an example would be a jam doughnut which was mentioned Wednesday morning by a new member who’d been following the plan for a week, she confessed to working in Greggs and getting free food, when I enquired what she’d indulged in, she’d been pretty good, only 2 jam doughnuts all week.  When you think of what she could’ve eaten, I think she did amazingly well, being surrounded by all those sandwiches and pastries!  I hadn’t had a doughnut for a long time, so added it to my ‘to eat’ list, yesterday after my Weight Watcher meeting which was fab as always, the lady who was going to buy herself nice new shoes when she lost her stone, did just that yesterday – how fab ;-).  Anyway after the meeting we went to Asda for a few odds and ends and a coffee, my latest thing is “speed shopping”, it’s killing me can I add, I adore food shopping but being on a budget at the moment and well aware of my shopping costs when I browse - I’m a bargain sucker!  So it works in that I write a list of the few things I actually do need because I’ve got a freezer and cupboard full of food, and I walk round with a basket (basket because it will only hold so much, it gets heavy and I’m sure it will break if I too much in!) only go down the aisles I need to and also going to a shop I’m not used to is helping too, the final thing that keeps me in check is walking round with my mate because then I feel like I’m being watched!  OMG I think need ‘SSA’ supermarket shopper anonymous ;-)  I seriously could spend hours and pounds in the places I love them, I love to look at the foods, the offers, the new stuff, all of it, I just love food shopping!

Anyway I’m rambling, so we were going to the café first then shopping but we changed it round because I wanted a doughnut with my coffee as it was on my list and the food at the café wasn’t, yes it looked good but there was nothing there I couldn’t live without and I was ignoring the ‘meal deals’ I wasn’t even going to make eye contact with the boards of info, I knew I only wanted the coffee and doughnut.  We decided to go buy doughnuts in the store and eat them with our coffee, now when we got to the bakery section there was a decision to make, ordinary jam doughnut which actually didn’t look very good, or mini jam doughnuts – no contest, they looked amazeballs ;-) literally, little ping pong ball sized doughnuts filled with jam and sprinkled with icing sugar – wow these were gonna be worth waiting since Wednesday for.  So we paid and went and ordered our coffee, sat down and Lynne dived in and ate one and said they’re not as good as they look, I took a bite - they were vile!   They were cold (obviously had been in a fridge somewhere prior to being put on the shelf), stodgy, a bit stale maybe – not good at all.  I put the other half back in the box and said I’m not wasting ProPoints on them, we’ll have a piece of Weight Watcher fudge instead (I’d won the raffle at my meeting – YAY!)

The day before I’d started reading a book about mindful eating and it talked about an experiment where they’d given an entire cinema free popcorn in an experiment, this popcorn was 5 days stale and yet they sat there and ate it!  They kept putting it on the floor and then picking it back up again and this was almost what we did yesterday with those doughnuts, because they were they I noticed a couple of times we both went to eat another possibly hoping they’d improve!  We resisted and I returned them to customer service on our way out, they refunded our £1.10 and we put it in a charity box that was being shaken in our face on the way out, so not only had we saved ProPoints but we were now feeling extra virtuous having given money to charity when we’re both skint lol.

Just in case you were wondering, I did get me a doughnut before the day was out, I took Alfie out for a 90 minute walk and as I walked past the shop there was one single doughnut left on the counter and bless the lady she bought it to the door for me because of the dog, so I earned 7pp on my pedometer then spent them on a lovely, delicious, gooey, jammy, powdery, soft, light, yummy, worth every ProPoint doughnut!  

I love that weight loss no longer has to involve deprivation!

So it’s Sunday, day of rest for some, I’m planning on cooking a new chicken stew, going for a long walk, I may even attempt a little housework, then I’m going to continue reading my books, I have two on the go, one audio for when I’m walking and one for reading in the house, now that’s multi-tasking.  Enjoy your day all. xx

No comments: