Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 September 2012

Recharged and ready...

3rd September 2012
 
Don't let the place you start dictate where you finish!

Well I think I’ve finally caught up on my sleep, we went to bed at 8pm last night and my alarm went off at 5am this morning, so I’m ready for the week!  Took mom to emergency doctor yesterday they prescribed stronger antibiotics and also some anti sickness medication which touch wood seems to have helped a bit, she actually ate a small chicken sandwich yesterday, so that’s good news.
I had a busy morning did the washing, cleaned the kitchen then finished with some cooking, I’ve made a batch of chicken noodle soup, that’ll do me for lunch time today, and as the noodles where wholewheat it’s a Filling and Healthy meal which is always a good thing.  I also made chicken and rice casserole, this is an adapted dish, originally had bacon in but it doesn’t need it to be honest and it’s up there with one of my favourites, I usually cook it in the oven really slow but as I was in the kitchen anyway, I cooked it on the hob which I think worked better, be great in a slow cooker I bet.
 

Chicken & Rice Casserole serves 4, 10pp each

calorie controlled cooking spray (for F&H use your daily allowance of oil)              
4 x 200 g (7 oz) skinless chicken legs (approx 23pp)
1 large onion, chopped                                                                               
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
250 g (9 oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
300 g (10 ½oz) parsnips, chopped
150 g (5½oz) dried brown rice (15pp)
500 ml (18 fl oz) chicken stock (make using 3 oxo cubes) (1pp)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
 
Spray a lidded ovenproof casserole dish with the cooking spray and place over a high heat. Season the chicken legs, add to the dish and fry for 5 minutes, turning, until browned. You may need to do this in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Spray the dish again with the cooking spray, add the onion and rosemary and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Return the chicken to the dish with the carrots, parsnips, rice and stock. Cover and cook on top for approx 50mins until the chicken is cooked through and the rice and vegetables are tender. Serve or freeze.
 
Mmm nice and another Filling and healthy meal, I might do a F&H day today, I’ve also got my salad made up in the fridge which was delicious yesterday with roast chicken for a quick lunch, I’ve got some of that left so hopefully can tempt mom.  I know it’s all chicken but I’ll make up for that tomorrow with some fish as long as it’s balanced over the week, I’m sure its fine.  When there’s only two in the house and only one with an appetite you have to eat the same meal more than twice otherwise there’s going to be a lot of waste.  Yes I could’ve made less but chicken is sold in packs.
 
Yesterday morning was the first time I haven’t enjoyed walking Alfie, that was because I didn’t want to leave mom on her own, she seemed so vulnerable yesterday, she hadn’t eaten much, so as well as the nausea there was dizziness.  Going to have to make her have a mobile or get a cordless phone or something for my peace of mind not hers, she’s a stubborn woman though it has to be said. 
 
Can’t believe this time last week I was waking up in Corfu!  What a difference a week makes, just shows doesn’t it, don’t put life on hold, don’t wait for things to happen – make them happen.  I’m happy to slow down and take care of my mom because I choose to and also because I’ve had so much fun, done so many things and been so many places I don’t feel like I’m going to be missing out on anything, actually the opposite I’m going to enjoy spending time with my mom.  Heck yesterday I even sat and did some ‘copy the answer from the back’ puzzles with her, only I am more technologically advanced and I play, “google the answer on the internet” ;-), life’s way to short not to know the answers if they’re there to be found!
 
Right off to get ready for work, I’ll take whatever the scales throw at me today, I haven’t been golden, I haven’t been dreadful, I did have a gain last week from Corfu trip so we shall see, I’m eating well 95% of the time and I’m not restocking moms stash of junk, especially the Walkers cheese and onion crisps – they’re not allowed in my house no more, I can’t resist the damn things!  4pp for 25g – that’s just ridiculous and they don’t last but a minute!
 
On that note, have a fabulous day, don’t let the fact it’s Monday put you off x

No comments: