Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Budget Bev & Fay's Success x


19th September 2012

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. Peace Pilgrim


Wasn’t so ravenous yesterday and made it through the day on track and within budget.  I wonder if my porridge, yogurt and fruit for 4pp breakfast helped, I think maybe it did.  Kept me going well until my lunch when I had the Tuna & Ricotta Cannelloni (8pp) I made Sunday and then in the afternoon as a ‘just because I fancied it’ I had the crust from the seeded sensation loaf with some low fat spread, my kind of delicious that is and worth everyone of the 5pp it cost me, some people choose chocolate, other crisps, me a crust ;-).  That’s the beauty of Weight Watchers, the plan versatile and adaptable, and the meetings provide motivation, support and accountability.  I know attending my meeting each Saturday morning is keeping me on track because I’ve got to get on those scales and share my success (or not as the case may be) with the leader and my weight card!

Yes it’s certainly making me think twice before I eat something ;) my leader gives me that look!  That ‘stop messing about, I know you can do this’ look!  As leaders we have a selection of looks for different occasions and different members and I recognise the one she gives me.  It makes me realise I can when I put my mind to it, actually when I put my mind to anything I usually can do it mainly because I BELIEVE I can, I never start anything thinking I’ll fail, it’s my personality.  That’s why I love the new Weight Watchers advert in America “BELIEVE – because it works”, and they’re right, it does.  It works in different ways for everyone of its members because the plan is flexible 

So yesterday’s planner looks like this;

breakfast
30g porridge, WW yogurt,
banana, & pear
4
£0.80
lunch
Tuna, spinach & ricotta cannelloni
8
£1.11
tea
Mackerel in spicy tomato sauce on toast
10
£1.14
Total
22
£3.05

That easily included my 5 portions of fruit and veg – banana, pear, (spinach, tomato, olives, pepper in cannelloni) and it also has a good mix of proteins, carbs and the oily fish is a bonus. I know not everyone is a fan of fish, especially oily fish but if you’re pulling your face and you haven’t even tried it!  Then go buy some, the new varieties with different sauces are delicious, I like the spicy mustard and spicy tomato, but you could even make your own, what about a curried version, curry flavouring covers the taste and smell of everything – ooo I likes that idea!

I have to say the budget dishes that will make it through to my month plan I’m putting together so far are burger baps & salad, fish finger sandwiches, curried beans on toast, chicken and rice stew, biryani, chicken hot pot, chicken curry, scrambled egg on toast, gammon and jacket, and mackerel on toast.  I’ve just realised the bonus of keeping my journal, it means I can look back and see what I’ve eaten.  I’ve also realised even though I’ll eat pasta it will probably never be my first choice of meals.  I’ve still got lots to add to this list and I’m enjoying re-finding my old favourite meals.  Plus its getting cold now and I can eat all the yum yum comfort food I adore ;-)

Here’s a recipe I found yesterday that would be suitable as a cheap family meal that hopefully most would eat (except me lol, I’m not big on tomato based dishes)

Easy Sausage & Potato Casserole

Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4
6 or 7pp per person depending on the sausages you use.

A family feast for under £1 per person!

  • 1 tbsp oil (4pp)
  • 500g new potatoes, halved (10pp)
  • 454g low fat pack sausages (Sainsbury’s 14pp, Weight Watchers 11pp)
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 340g jar passata
  • tsp mixed herbs

  1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the potatoes and sausages for 5 minutes. Add the onion and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the sausages occasionally until browned.
  2. Add the passata sauce & herbs to the pan with 1-2 tbsp of water, then cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving.

Okay, I’m off to put the bins out, oh the life of a superstar leader!

Let’s continue the fabulous success we’re having in the meetings this week, 3 to goal yesterday and Kathryn got her 50lb certificate, and to end on a high here’s a photo of one my members showing her success, The fabulous Fay has lost 5 stone already!  Doesn’t she look sensational, she’s always been a smiler and now she has plenty to smile about.  Well done Fay, you really have done amazingly well. x


If you have a before and after photo, email it to me and I’ll share your success too (info@happyowls.co.uk)

 

No comments: