Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hormonal & Hungry!

18th September 2012
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.    Jeremy Kitson
Week 2, Day 6 of Journal and yesterday I really struggled with my appetite, I was so hungry and it was for real food not rubbish, I had 30g bran flakes for breakfast (4pp with milk) only 17 pence for breakfast, Chicken Hotpot for lunch served with spring greens (12pp) and Chicken curry with rice (16pp) for tea and I still wanted more, I was ravenous, managed not to go mad though, had a seeded wholegrain beef sandwich for 8pp, but in my defence I had earned 10pp on my pedometer so finished on 40pp of food which is almost a broke even, we shall see what the scales say on Thursday!  And eating four meals instead of three cost me £3.98!  Still not bad , at least I stuck with real food, I was driving round with a chocolate cake in my car which a member had baked for me and as tempted as I was I ignored it and gave it to mom. 
I’ve restocked my fruit bowl now so I will try and include a pear and a banana every day minimum, bought the fruit I like the best and which was the cheapest, pears were 8 for £2 (25p each), bananas 5 for £1 (20p each), it makes me smile how we say fruits too expensive but how much is a fresh cream cake, a bar of chocolate or a bag of crisps these days!  I noticed looking round the shop if you buy the ‘in season’ fruit and vegetables you get much better value for money.
I know it all seems a little extreme but I’ve got a spread sheet which is simplifying it and if I can save some money it’s worth it especially as I enjoy a project or a challenge, it’s keeping my mind occupied and distracted.  Having said that, the blog hits have gone up so maybe it’s what we all want to know!  I’ve looked at the budget meal plans online and they’re all a bit samey, I don’t like eating the same thing day in, day out!
If I hadn’t got all the ready meals made and prepared, I’d be tempted by a filling and healthy day today, especially after how I felt yesterday, but then would I use it as an excuse to eat even more!  Mmm maybe I would and that’s not a good idea, I’ll have the tuna, ricotta and spinach cannelloni today I think from the recipe I blogged yesterday, that’s quite a large portion.
Just off to make breakfast, only 80 pence for 30g porridge, Weight Watcher yogurt (on offer in Asda & Sainbury’s), banana & a pear 4pp – bargain and substantial to keep me going throughout the morning.
Changing the subject, it was great to see so many yesterday morning ready to take on the 12 week challenge, some had started last week, and some had read about it and wanted to jump on board the success express!  We had lots of smiles at the scales, Susannah with her 4lb that she happily posted on fb to share her success, she’s definitely glowing for it after trying to keep it together over the 6 week holidays and having the kids around her, and of course having support helps, Kelly (her mate) comes with her and together they support each other.  Obviously I can’t share every single success on here with you for various reasons, one because of peoples privacy and also because they are far too many of them ;-)  I’ve just gone through yesterdays box grabbed the first ten cards for my members and their total weight loss adds up to 252lb or 18 stone, that’s an average of almost 2 stone each lost which is just fabulous.  I’m really proud of each and every one of my members for sticking with it even when it gets tough, we can all do this and we shall support each other along the way.
Here’s to another fabulous day, even if I am hormonal and hungry, in the words of Gloria – I WILL SURVIVE J
Take care & glow xx
 

No comments: