Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 27 September 2012

Supernatural possession!

27th September 2012
It’s like being possessed isn’t it sometimes, you get up in the morning and make a decision that this is how you’re going to behave, this is how your day will pan out and it starts off okay, you go to work, go through your day, everything’s good, the odd thing happens to knock your neck in or test your strength but you cope.  Then you arrive home have you evening meal, relax in front of the tv and BANG, it happens, next thing you know you find yourself stood in front of an open fridge, no idea how you got there - something has possessed your mind and body and transported you back into the kitchen!  This happened to be last night and luckily I’d put the red wine in the shed to stop me from having a drink, but the supernatural power that had entered my body was clever, it spotted a small bottle of Weight Watcher wine in the fridge door, I’d been given it in my goody bag from conference, it started whispering to me, “that’s low in ProPoints that is, half your normal wine so it’s not the same, plus its white that’s not real wine, go on, it’ll be fine, you know you’re not going to do well in the morning on the scales anyway so what difference will a small tiny low in alcohol bottle of wine make, seriously, enjoy it, it’s Wednesday!”  Damn it, I find myself lifting the bottle out of the fridge when it’s at it again, “Oh and whilst your hear, you may as well have a handful of boiled ham too, that Sainsbury’s basic range is much nicer than Bernards!” Mmm whatever, even my supernatural entity is a bloody spendthrift shopoholic, there’s no hope for me lol!

I’m not confident heading towards to scales this morning, and I can’t just blame the bottle of Weight Watcher wine either, I’ve not had the best week, losing 1/2lb last week psychologically knocked my neck in even though I kept telling myself, that’s 3lb in two weeks.  Then knowing I’d got conference on Sunday stopped me sticking to it prior, and knowing I’d done damage Sunday meant I didn’t get back into it till Tuesday.  Add to all this then joy of it being that time of the month and me turning into a starving savage, well you’re starting to get the picture aren’t you!  I could continue there’s lack of sleep (4am I was up Sunday), mom not being 100% (we’re off to docs Monday), etc etc but I won’t. 

All of this is of course is one massive, overblown easy to make up excuse to not still to my plan!  Because I know in the past I’ve had much more than that lot going on and I’ve still stayed on track.  Hell when I got to goal in August 2004 I was possibly at an all time low that year, I was in a job I absolutely couldn’t bear any longer and comfort eating had become the norm, but I managed to turn that around.  So I know that I can this too.

This morning I will brave the scales, take it on the chin, accept that Filling & Healthy is probably not the best option for me and get back on track with my ProPoints counting.  The fridge is now empty of Weight Watcher wine, and I have performed a quick exorcism this morning on the supernatural entity!  I’ve got pork chops for lunch and the last of the beef hotpot (minus the beef because Alfie got that as a treat when he was bitten) so it’s a veggie hotpot for tea then.  Tomorrow lunch is already planned, I’m making stuffed chicken breast with St Agur cheese mmm.  Yep I’ll take an oath this morning, because otherwise I’m going to feel silly Saturday morning in my meeting every week saying “yeah I gained again”, I can’t be doing that can I! 

So here goes, 'I solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that for the next week (one step at a time!) I will stay focused on my weight loss efforts, I will remain within my ProPoints allowance and the tracker evidence I shall give will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

7 days, that’s all it is, I can do that – can’t I!?  So can you, and if 7 days seems to difficult, let’s take it one day, one meal, one step at a time. 

We can do this ;-)  The weight loss in my meetings this week has proven that!  Apparently I had a ‘pep talk’ with one of my members last week which resulted in a 6.5lb weight loss for her this week, tomorrow I will share her Journal tracker entries with you, so you can see that it is liveable, doable and weight loss is achievable. 

In the meantime, have a fantastic day, I’m off to get my bran flakes x

No comments: