Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Salad twice in a day! What's occuring!

5th September 2012

The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.Corrie ten Boom
Midweek already, it frightens me how quickly the weeks go by, especially when there’s so much going on, I did however yesterday take a nice afternoon stroll with Alfie to break up the day, it was a glorious day yesterday and the sunset last night was just beautiful. 
I finished my day with 9pp on my pedometer, a busy day makes for plenty activity ProPoints which I like because it means if I want to, I can enjoy a treat.  My treat yesterday was Morrison’s Goats Cheese and Butternut squash dip, very tasty and only 3pp for ¼ of the tub, I had that for my tea with some hummous, krackerwheat crackers and a nice side salad. Actually not bad for 12pp, I’d had a toasted muffin (5pp) for breakfast and for lunch I’d had chicken noodle soup (5pp) at around 12ish then at 3ish I had chicken and tzatziki salad (6pp) – I’ve only just realised I had salad twice yesterday so having it chopped up in the fridge ready to eat is definitely encouraging me to eat more, and it’s kept so far – I made it on Saturday. Add to that a packet of the new tangy tomato snacks and a bag of wine and that takes my total for the day up to 36pp, so my Activity ProPoints almost covered it.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve just taken lambs liver out of the fridge to make liver and onions, mash and vegetables for dinner today.  Lambs liver is only 3pp per 100g so it’s low in ProPoints and is high in Iron too, which is never a bad thing.  By adding Kale to the plate I’m bring the iron intake up even higher, mom’s likely to be a little anaemic at the moment, so it will help a little.
I’m focusing on the healthy right now, and I’ve decided I’m not going to do any kind of big shop until I’ve emptied my cupboards and freezer, will just top up with vegetables and bread as necessary, this weekend is all about the housework – how rock and roll am I!  Am I sad, yesterday I did myself a 4 week rota for the household chores because I keep forgetting, so I decided that if I have a reminder sheet I won’t and if it’s tidy mom won’t keep trying to do it.  So on Tuesdays, it’s the living room, hall, stairs and landing, Wednesday and Thursdays nothing but the essentials like washing up and cooking because by then I’m too damn busy and if I add more work I’ll be exhausted. 

I’ve just realised I haven’t added my office onto that rota, mmm I need to, it’s almost back to its old state!  And over the next few weeks I’m going to get mom to go through all those ‘boxes of stuff’ she has, her idea of tidying is to stick it all in a box and hide it!  Yesterday I found at least half dozen items of clothing I’ve been looking for, she’d put them in a bag in a cupboard ;0)
Today’s the second attempt at sending her for fasting blood tests, I came home yesterday morning from walking the dog and she was drinking her second cup of tea!  There’s no telling the stubborn woman sometimes, so this morning I’m hiding the kettle ;-)

I’ve had a muffin for breakfast every day this week, I bought them to make eggs benedict and I still haven’t got round to it, I’m too rushed in the mornings, I’ll need to get another packet and make them at the weekend!  I’ve bought a jar of ready made sauce, lazy I know but safer I think!
On that note, I’m off to walk Alfie, whilst listening to my book and having a bit of quiet time before the madness of the day begins.

 

 

No comments: