Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 December 2011

Chill out time...

22nd December 2011

Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom? Thich Nhat Hanh

Someone said to be this week “the best thing to come out of this year is our friendship” and I couldn’t agree more.  I can honestly say there is nothing on my Christmas list this year, nothing I need and nothing I desire.  How lucky am I?  This year the most important things in my life have been people and the only desire I’ve had is to spend time with them, so I would just like to say here on my blog that if you’re one of those friends, thank you for spending time with me and helping to make my life fabulous, thank you for all the memories which until dementia truly kicks in, no one can ever take away from me.

I’m excited this morning because I’m taking mom on holiday to the seaside, and my nephew loves it when I go away because he gets to live in my house, we however will be spending Christmas on a Cornish beach, just feet from the water!  Can’t wait, even if it is a good four hour drive, I like to drive it gives me chilling out space and gives mom a chance to talk to me without me being able to escape.

I have to pack first though, so lots of books I think, my running gear and my jeans, that’s all I need as all I plan to do is chill out.  I haven’t done the food shop yet so hopefully the shops won’t be too crazy tomorrow!

A fantastic day in my meeting yesterday, 102 of you came to get weighed yesterday morning and you lost 109lb, I also weighed another two ladies that achieved their goals, so my total for the year ended on 135 members to goal and many, many more who were also delighted with the weight they have lost. 

Well it’s only 3 days till Christmas day, just remember to enjoy it and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t quite stick to the plan you have in your head.  Being fit and healthy isn’t just about being slim remember, it’s about being emotionally healthy too and that means loving yourself regardless. 

I’ve loved my year and can’t wait to begin another great one in 2012, actually I can wait two weeks so I can have a good chill out. As much as I love people, I also know I need to take time out, I think everyone should because our lives are so busy. Our days are full of people and things to do, things get chaotic and confusing trying to get it all done. I know how important it is to be by myself, to find a sense of calm that renews me.  By January 1st, I’ll be aching to get back to my day to day life and back to work, but for now I’m longing to sit staring out of a window looking at the sea with a good book in my hand, to potter in the kitchen and maybe cook a thing or two.  To wander along the beach with Alfie and not worry about how long we can be out because I’ve got to go to work, yeah to not have to look at a clock for a few days will be just wonderful.

If for some reason I don’t blog again this year, have a fabulous Christmas, I’m not sure what my connection will be like or if I’ll fancy writing.  I’m going to go with the flow and enjoy the remainder of 2011.

Enjoy xx




No comments: