Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 December 2011

White rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits

1st December 2011

If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake. F. Wilezek

The countdown begins! 25 days to Christmas, I thought each day I’d give you a tip or a titbit of information so here’s the first one;

Identify your expectations
Ask yourself what you want to achieve. Would you like to continue to lose weight? Would you be happy to maintain? Or are you expecting to sit on the sidelines and start things up again in January? If you know what you're aiming for, you'll be better able to set a clear path.
--------

Apart from an awful hacking cough, the rest of my cold seems to be over the worst which is a bonus because it’s hard enough getting back into the swing of things after a fabulous holiday, although I’ve not experienced the post holiday blues so that’s a bonus. 
I found a box of Oracle Cards out the other day, and every day I’ve been shuffling them and drawing one to give me and my mate something to contemplate for the day, it’s a good way of focusing yourself on a positive attitude which can be quite difficult at this time of year, it’s dark and cold and there’s so much for everyone to do.  Finances aren’t the best and you have Christmas to pay for so a little positive perspective is never a bad thing.
Today’s card said “Try something New – you’ll only know if you can do something if you try!” HOW TRUE is that!  The little booklet that came with the cards then went on to say; one reason why you may feel bored is that you're doing the same things over and over.  To feel excited about life, you need to try new things! This card asks you to think of something you've always wanted to do, and then learn about it. Ask your family or friends to take you along on their adventures. When you try something new, you may feel funny at first, like it won't work. But just do your best to enjoy yourself and don't worry about being perfect - especially at the start. The more you can relax and have fun, the better everything go.

What a fabulous idea, it suggests signing up for a class where you’ll learn something new like a language or photography or maybe take up a new sport.  Stretch yourself beyond what you think you can do.  You may find you really enjoy your new activity, and you’ll most likely make new friends.  You’ll also find that you will learn new skills that will help you in other areas of your life, too!

I got rather excited when I read this card because I love to try new things, so I started thinking “ooo what can it be”, then I realised we’d already decided on ours, yesterday whilst chatting we both agreed we were skint for the foreseeable, Decembers not the best month, if you don’t come get weighed we don’t get paid!  So we acknowledged our Friday lunches are off for a while, and I suggested that we make Friday cooking day, we can spend lunchtime cooking up some meals to freeze to help us stay on track during the week.  I’m really excited about it because I love to cook and haven’t had time lately so this will make me and we can try new recipes from the cook books, there’s a cooking for 2 book that will be perfect and it’ll mean we only have to have one of every meal we cook each. RESULT!

Now I appreciate it’s a bit of a busy time of year to be contemplating such a thing but it’s something to start thinking about and planning for the New Year maybe. 

And in the meantime why not try something new in the form of a “Filling & Healthy” day.  I’ve managed two days on it now, yesterday I had raspberry and banana smoothie made with 0% greek yogurt and skimmed milk and ice.  For lunch I had grey peas and gammon bits, for tea I opted for poached egg on toast with a spoonful of beans because I didn’t want to be messing about in the kitchen.  I was still hungry afterwards so I had a sandwich made with WW bread and co-op thin sliced beef and mustard.  Delicious.  I also earned 7pp on my pedometer, so for the first time in a long time I’m starting Day 4 positive and wanting to lose a few pounds. 

What’s motivating me? Well, firstly whilst away I noticed this two lumps of fat about my knees on the inside of my legs that I’ve decided I don’t like much so I want them gone, I love my legs dearly because they support me but I would rather love those bits away!  Secondly the fact I didn’t gain weight on holiday has proven to me that all these years of trying to change the way I behave around food is finally paying off, the last time I went to America I gained 12lb in 12 days!  Not a bad difference ay?  Yep, I’m developing food snobbery, if it’s not delicious I’m not getting fat from it!  I’m no longer going to eat things just because they’re there, no I managed to resist lots of food last week and I want to stick with that new trend if I can.  Over Christmas that thought pattern will save me a lot of weight gain, I will ask myself ‘do I really want it, do I really need it’ and hopefully sometimes the answer will be no!

Have a fabulous December 1st. xx


No comments: