Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 18 December 2011

Care about what you consume.

18th December 2011

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Just got back from a great night with the girls and no hangover which means I can have a productive Sunday instead of lying around dying.  We had a really good giggle and a delicious Indian which only cost up 20pp each, went to Sainsbury’s and bought some of their chiller range, really good and if you share it can be within your allowance.  We did of course wash it down with an equal amount of ProPoints in lager but hey it was our Christmas get together.  I even managed to stay awake till 1am – check me out, I’m usually passed out by 9pm!

Starting my journal on Friday and tracking has really made me think before consuming these last two days, I’ve been over my daily allowance both days which means I’ve used my weekly allowance and about 15 extra, however writing it down has stopped that number being even higher.  If I wasn’t tracking yesterday, I know I would have eaten more and I know I would not have eaten a pear or a banana, so yes starting the journal before Christmas is a good idea.  I have not intention of not enjoying myself over Christmas but tracking it will make me realise I can enjoy life and not gain too much weight, heck maybe even maintain.

Mom and me were chatting about food and she’s realised cutting down on her consumption of junk does make her feel better, so we are both going to start improving the quality of the food we eat, which means over Christmas I can cook some delicious dishes out of the new cook books.  That’s what I plan to do today, read through both and pick out some recipes that I want to try whilst away. I’ve already spotted a chicken and bacon casserole in the ring binder book, ooo and chicken tagine with apricots and almonds, mmm Dhal Soup with naan bread croutons.  Need to stop looking now and finish my blog. Mmm food, I like it a lot.

I’ve taken some chicken and beef out of the freezer and later will be making something delicious to last a couple of days, I’m feeling a few days of Filling and Healthy coming on.  Off to the shop to get carrots, onions, potatoes and possibly more fruit.
I sat yesterday and filled in the questions at the front of my journal which were, “Why I want to lose weight” and “My personal goals are”.  Two really good questions to ask yourself, especially at this time of year. Then at the beginning of week one it asked me to complete, “My goal for this week is…” and “My top 3 priorities this week are:”
I wrote;
My goal for this week is to write everything down and think about my choices.
My top 3 priorities this week are wise choices, damage limitation, writing it all down.
Notice there was no promise of sticking to the plan 100% or losing weight because I know that is highly unlikely, it’s not the time for me to expect perfection, it’s the time for me not to just think ‘sod it’.  That’s my aim to still care about what I consume.
However you’re spending your weekend, hope you’re enjoying it. xx








No comments: