Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 June 2022

Happy Summer Solstice

Tuesday 21st June 2022
Love your life!  Do your best...



No blog yesterday, the day just got away with me, woke up to a beautiful morning on the campsite, most people had gone and we didn't rush to get away, although we were gone not long after 8am.  We drove back stopping to get some breakfast, 500 calories for a Maccy D's bacon and sausage breakfast roll, ouch, it wasn't that great neither, I've just got used to having their double sausage and egg mcmuffin which for an extra 51 calories at least makes you feel like you've eaten something worthwhile.  I was still hungry when I'd finished it, mostly because it didn't hit the spot.

Thankfully it was a lovely day when we got back so I managed to do about 4 or 5 loads of washing and get them all dry.  Domestic goddess or what!

Aryn and I went to look at his new school, I think he's going to be okay there, here's hoping, we're going back Thursday lunchtime for him to start his first lesson.  He loved that they had a therapy dog, I have to say I was quite taken too, I do miss having a dog about the house, Alfie was such a character and you always knew he was there but I don't think I'm ready for another yet.  

On our way home we nipped in Aldi because we wanted to check out the Wagyu beef!  We were contemplating eating out but instead we bought a beef joint and had it with chips, yorkshire pudding, veggies and gravy, blooming delicious it was and there's loads of beef left for today which we'll probably have on cobs today.  Although I could make another dinner with potatoes or mash, we shall see, I'm even thinking beef and pasta.

I had a wonderful weekend, it won't have helped my weight loss I know but it did help to remind me how much I'm loving my life again, it's so nice to not have to be thinking all the time about getting home and how moms going to be, that feeling never wears off you know.  I love waking up early, fully refreshed and sitting with my mug of tea watching the news, it's a lovely, calm way to start my day, especially when the heating is no longer on 30 degrees like it would've been when mom was here.  Don't get me wrong, I miss the pre dementia version of the most wonderful woman that ever was.

Today's the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, so here's to enjoying the sunshine that's promised and also our huddles. 



Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x




No comments: