Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Think small!

Wednesday 15th July 2020 
The grass is greener where you water it. 



Slow it down!  Lower your expectations!  Celebrate the small wins!  Stop doing the all or nothing things.  If you're not at goal (or the weight you want to be) and you haven't been there for a long time without having to think constantly about what you're doing, you're still a work in progress and WE (yes me too) still need to take care of ourselves, but not just the food, our minds too.  

Every week WW Virtual Workshops cover a different technique and they're brilliant because they're working on not only weight loss but also nutrition and behaviour change.  The workshops are a place where you get the chance to learn a science-based strategy for weight loss, by putting these techniques in place we can make those changes that give us long term success and that's what we all want.  

This is why I'm passionate about tweak of the week, sometimes that tweak needs to be the same tweak for many weeks, so with my yoga that was my tweak for the month until it stuck.  Another tweak has been adding more zero heroes to my diet which is quite easy as it's something I already do so it was just a reminder tweak.  I've decided my latest tweak is starting meditation, now I only usually like to start one new new tweak at a time but I've added taking time to reflect on what I'm thankful for.  The two things really go together well, as you'll know my life has been stressful lately (as has most peoples in one way or another) and I want it calmer, this is only day 3 of doing it but I have to say so far so good, I am calmer, I am handling mom much better, being woken up throughout the night isn't niggling at me or making me resentful, I'm appreciating why she's doing it.  If I compare how we are both feeling this morning compared to this time last week, well they don't compare, last week I was wound like a coil, she was aggressive, I ended up running away from home in the rain.  Mom's still having anxious moments but I'm reassuring her and we're much better thankfully.  

If you're stressed out, I highly recommend both, go on YouTube have lots of guided meditation options, I like Adriene, but I've tried a couple of others too, find a voice you like, start with a 5 minute one.  The other thing the gratitude, honestly if you start to focus on the good, you realise there is plenty to balance out the struggles.  I've set a prompt in my phone to remind me to reflect back on my day, I've set it for 4pm, but I've also noted things down as I've noticed them through out the day.  I'm using my notes on my phone to track them and over time, I can watch that list get longer and I'll feel better.   Yesterday's included;

I am grateful for...

Having enough energy & patience to be able to get up and reassure mom throughout the night when she woke scared and/or confused.

Being able to balance on one foot whilst doing yoga without falling over 🤪

Eggs!

The Voice Kids (mom watched it for the 3rd time & loved it again)

The vet seeing Alfie & there not being anything major wrong 😅

Jigsaws

Seeing the Giants Causeway and sharing memories with mom about our visit there ❤️

Songs is Praise UK top ten hymns kept mom entertained for a bit. We fast forwarded the ones she didn't know 😝

Bed by 8.30 moms settled and content, I'm in bed with The Mandalorian & baby yoda! (This is what I go to bed with these days 😉)

Another mostly calm day ❤️  


What's your tweak this week?  Remember when trying to create a new behaviour / habit, remember you need a prompt to remind you to do it, so for me, the Yoga is my prompt to do the meditation, with the gratitude it's the alarm on my phone.  Anything that will remind you of your plans.  Then celebrate that you've completed it and I don't mean with food!  With my mediation my reward is a cuppa tea but it's also that feeling of inner calm, with the gratitude it's a little 'boom' and a fist pump as I post it on Facebook.  

Right, I'm off to do something with cauliflower for lunch today, I'm thinking some kind of cheesy thing or a katsu curry, we shall see but it needs using before it dies in the fridge!  I've never seen my fridge looking so pathetic, but this week is mostly about eating from my cupboard, then I've got my Marlie's menu dishes to look forward to at the weekend.  I've pointed her dishes this week, they are 

Lamb tagine 18SP on green, 16SP on blue, 15SP on purple

Butter chicken 13SP on green, 10SP on blue and purple

Curried goat 8SP 

plus the points for the rice.  


I might even light a little candle and pretend I am in a restaurant!  

Right I'm really of now lol, have a great Wednesday, I'll be online in my Virtual workshop tonight, 5.30 in the Wolverhampton Connect group on the WW app, come talk habits with us.  

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: