Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 July 2020

It's all getting better

Thursday 16th July 2020
Be the reason someone smiles today.


Day 4 of focusing on the good and doing a little meditation and I'm calmer for sure, long may it continue.  I also laughed yesterday in this video https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10158111269575862/ like I haven't laughed in a very long time, then we had a good giggle in the virtual workshop on the night.  

I can't recommend it enough, pay attention to the positives in your day, especially if you are feeling a bit low or stressed.  I talked to moms Dementia Nurse yesterday and I admitted that changing my behaviour is helping my moms condition.  I have to take ownership of being the 'carer', not take things so personally.  Ultimately you cannot argue or reason with dementia, it's like trying to rationalise with a toddler who doesn't understand.  Oh and shouting NEVER resolves anything, it just makes you really wound up and annoys the other person further.  I won't forget I'm only human though and I will most likely slip but that won't stop me doing my best to keep this new calm going because it makes mom feel a lot safer and happier.  Bless her heart, half 3 this morning she asked if she could get up, I let her because I knew she'd go back to sleep in her chair but better that than mithered in her bedroom.

But I can't think of anything good in my life!  

 If this is how you feel, look again, honestly, first of all you have me in your life 😁 seriously though, think of all the people you come into contact with that you are glad to know.  

I've been writing my list on my phone the last few days but I think I'm going to start doing it in a book, I like the idea of a JOY JOURNAL.  A physical constant reminder of things in my life that will keep me going on the not so good days.  I can fill it full of daily positives, my sunshine list (this is a list of things in my life that make me smile, that make my heart sing, that warm my inner sunshine.   I will add to it quotes that inspire me (I love a quote), I could stick photos that I take (or that I've taken in the past) in it that remind me of good times.   Yeah I like this idea, a journal dedicated to things I love about my world and I'll keep it close by as a constant reminder.  It could also include a list of things I want to do in the future. things that may not be possible right now, but one day....  

I love this idea so much, I'm off to look for a book upstairs, if not I'm going to order one from Amazon, I like ring bound, might use my old filofax and then when it's full I can transfer it to a ring binder and add more blank paper, mmm we shall see, I'm off to mooch whilst mom's snoozing. I do however need to also get ready for work, thankfully I don't need to wear my PPE whilst upstairs in my office lol, I might use a face mask as my book mark as that made me laugh so much yesterday, it'll be a constant reminder, I will take a screen shot of me wearing it in the video and stick that photo in my book. 

When you focus on the good, the good gets better 

Honest 

Mwah, 

Luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: