Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 July 2020

Got my cook on yesterday

Thursday 30th July 2020 
You are the greatest project you will ever work on. 
Yesterday was pretty much how I'd like to spend most of my days, a really long walk with my dog, time in the kitchen cooking and then eating what I've cooked, pottering about not in a rush to be anywhere followed by a bit of work (well you have to pay the bills!)  Yeah I enjoyed yesterday a great deal.  

I had a go at goulash and was pleased with the outcome, beef isn't my forte but the trick is low and slow for sure, this was the recipe I used https://www.culinarytalks.com/prague-beef-goulash/
I bought shin from Sainsbury's it was the cheapest stewing beef they had, 400g for £2.65, really tasty. 

Then I did something I said I never would, I tackled Harjit's chicken curry and I've never bothered before because I've tasted her version and it's the bomb, so I didn't think I'd be able to replicate because as much effort as she put into writing it out for me, I know she just does it naturally as she was taught by her mom.  Not gonna lie though, if you can be patient enough, you are rewarded, it was delicious and low in Smart Points.  


Harjit’s Chicken Curry 
Serves around 6-7.  Total recipe points, 10sp

2-3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5sp), 
4 Onions, 
1-2 (3-4 if you like it spicy) Green Chilli
Garlic & Ginger (Harj uses frozen, 1-2 blocks of each)
2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds),
½ large can Tomatoes (Blended), 
1-2 teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric), 
1-2 teaspoons Salt, 
1 teaspoon Garam Masala,
Fresh Coriander (Optional)
500g chicken breast (5SP on green, 0SP on blue & purple), 

  • Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
  • Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
  • After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
  • Serve with (add the extra SmartPoints of course) basmati rice 
  • Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of haldi (Tumeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
  • Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
  • When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
  • Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.

I'm gonna have a go at the lentil one next, the base is the same for all her curries, you just add your other ingredients, I love her cabbage and pea one!

I've just seen this picture on Pinterest and I love the idea of tracking your mood in such as creative way over the month, it ties in well with how the foods we choose affects our body, it's not just physically it can be emotionally also, start to observe and you'll be surprised at what you notice. 

I'm ready for the day ahead, making the most of my last few days of not having to leave the house for work, it's been a strange few months but I'm not going to lie, I've mostly enjoyed them, I've had a lot of time to think, yeah moms not been easy for a lot of the time, but mom wasn't easy before.  I said goodbye to a colleague last night who's off to try and make a full time job of her Younique make up, she's been selling it for a few years now and feels that Lockdown has given her the opportunity to make changes, I wish Hazel all the best and understand her reasons, if you wear make up, check out her webpage but add her on facebook Hazel Brown as she can save on postage etc  (https://www.youniqueproducts.com/ByHazelbrown#.XyJoq3uSlyw

Workshops are going to be very different going back as everything in the world is, initially they'll be express weigh-ins, only 10 people in a room at a time, masks worn by members, I'll have gloves and visor, you'll have to wear your shoes to be weighed.  It's all new but we will adapt and move forward and hopefully sooner rather than later, we'll be able to sit and have a proper workshop. 

Anyway, I need to go get ready for my virtual workshops this morning. I'm in Dudley & Walsall at 8.30, then Birmingham North at 9.45.  Alfie's not impressed he's got to wait for his walk now, he got up too late!  

Here's to a good day, 

mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx






















No comments: